Home Open Account Help 262 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > CR 4601 Location

Date: 08/27/15 19:24
CR 4601 Location
Author: cornerfieldhobby

I've seen on a video uploaded on Tuesday that Conrail E33 Rectifier Electric #4601 was in Deerfield MA. Does anyone by chance know it location now? I see it's going to Altoona for a restoration and is suppost to be painted into Virginian Black & Yellow colors and taken to the Illinois Railroad Museum. The other 2 questions I have is, what route is it taking to get to Altoona and when it leaves Altoona for Ill RR Mueseum, will it take the Pittsburgh Line to the Cleveland Line that goes up to Cleveland to the NS Chicago Line? I only ask since I caught UP MOTX DDA40X #6944 on the Cleveland Line back in June 2015.

Date: 08/27/15 19:49
Re: CR 4601 Location
Author: NebraskaZephyr

I can say with absolute certainty that the 4601 WILL NOT be painted in VGN colors. The other preserved E33 at Virginia Transportation Museum is already painted for the Virginian.

As for what it will be painted, we'll all have to wait and see...I hear rumblings that it will be Conrail blue, as Conrail had a physical presence in Chicago (so did Penn Central, but PC black isn't all that photogenic). The IRM member spearheading (and funding) this acquisition gets first choice and so far he ain't tellin'​.

​Personally I'd like to see it in New Haven colors, but I don't get a vote.

NZ 

Date: 08/27/15 19:51
Author: sd24b

You beat me to it, NZ, but no its not going to be VGR.

Posted from Mobile Safari

Date: 08/28/15 04:20
Author: elsdp45

The Milwaukee Road perhaps?

Posted from iPhone

Date: 08/28/15 06:03
Author: cornerfieldhobby

NebraskaZephyr Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I can say with absolute certainty that the 4601
> WILL NOT be painted in VGN colors. The other
> preserved E33 at Virginia Transportation Museum is
> already painted for the Virginian.
>
> As for what it will be painted, we'll all have to
> wait and see...I hear rumblings that it will be
> Conrail blue, as Conrail had a physical presence
> in Chicago (so did Penn Central, but PC black
> isn't all that photogenic). The IRM member
> spearheading (and funding) this acquisition gets
> first choice and so far he ain't tellin'​.
>
> ​Personally I'd like to see it in New Haven
> colors, but I don't get a vote.
>
> NZ 

NZ, I bet your right. Acctually if it's painted into NH colors, that would be awesome, since there are no NH Heritage Unit unless you count CDOT P32AC-DM #231. But I know a New Haven E33, (Which I used to have in MTH Premiere 3-Rail), look different then that. But NH on an E33, would be great.

Date: 08/28/15 06:19
Author: CP4743

It is sitting in the Canadian Pacific Mohawk Yard in Glenville, NY (Schenectady).

It is suppose to be hauled to Binghamton on train CP 252. But so far CP has not approved it to move as of yesterday. Yet another issue with moving something out of the ordinary on CP.

John

Posted from iPhone

Date: 08/28/15 14:49
Author: IC1026

Sounds like the 765 ferry move...

Posted from Android

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0375 seconds