Home Open Account Help 374 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > RJ Corman F-units

Date: 08/27/15 20:06
RJ Corman F-units
Author: scoobydoobydoo

The doos will be in Kentucky in two weeks and wanted to see rj cormans f units,anyone know what city they keep them in ??? Thanks

Date: 08/27/15 21:02
Re: RJ Corman F-units
Author: 576

Bardstown, KY

Date: 08/27/15 21:03
Author: Ky-Woody

Bardstown is the home of the dinner train and they are visible from their parking lot on US 31 E when not in use. I believe they still do a lunch and dinner run. Don't forget the Kentucky Railway Museum ( it's close by).

Date: 08/27/15 22:02
Author: krm152

RJ Corman's F Units are normally assigned to the dinner train (My Old Kentucky Home DinnerTrain) operated from the old L&N Depot on 31E on the north side of Bardstown KY.  Suggest you contact them for a schedule even if you look online.
The Kentucky Railway Museum is located about 14 Mi. south of the dinner train on 31E in New Haven.  In addition to the mmuseum, they operate train rides.  Suggest you contact them for schedule info.
Hope this info is helpful and that you enjoy your visit to KY.
ALLEN

Date: 08/28/15 03:11
Author: junctiontower

Also, if you are at all interested in bourbon or distilleries, I suggest you go to Maker's Mark at Loretto, which is more or less between Bardstown and New Haven.  It's a nice little tour and the distillary sets in a very scenic locale.

Date: 08/28/15 05:32
Author: Pattenburg

if you are in the Bowling Green area might want to consider putting the Corvette factory tour on your schedule. It is worth a trip...

Date: 08/28/15 06:23
Author: Gumcoach

Pattenburg Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> if you are in the Bowling Green area might want to
> consider putting the Corvette factory tour on your
> schedule. It is worth a trip...

I hear they have the wrecked ones that fell into the sinkhole a couple years ago still on display.

Date: 08/28/15 06:48
Author: Pattenburg

that's true. That was one of the more popular attractions at the museum but from what I understand it has since been filled in.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/28/15 12:01 by Pattenburg.

Date: 08/28/15 09:47

Bowling Green also has Historic Park & Rail Museum.  Their exhibits include an ex C&NW E8 painted L&N, an L&N REPO fully restored including all interior details, plus a number of other railcars.
ALLEN

Date: 08/28/15 09:51

If you are in the Lexington Bluegrass Region, a visit to the Bluegrass Railroad Museum in Versailles would be worthwhille.  They have a number of historic engines and passenger cars.  Plus they offer a scenic ride from Versailles almost to Lawrenceburg on an old Southern branch.
ALLEN 

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0484 seconds