Home Open Account Help 370 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Herzog tie train on Washington Secondary

Date: 11/23/15 14:53
Herzog tie train on Washington Secondary
Author: Pattenburg

Passing through Phillipsburg (NJ) Monday morning I was surprised to see a Herzog tie train coming off the Washington Secondary on to NS's Lehigh Line. Since there was no mention of this train I was surprised to see it and had no idea as to what it was doing there. In the image taken from South Main Street's Black Bridge, the Herzog train is seen heading on to the LEHL shortly after NS local H74 headed east. Later threads on another website indicated that the Herzog train would take the siding in Landsdown near LEHL MP 57.

Date: 11/23/15 15:23
Re: Herzog tie train on Washington Secondary
Author: dschlegel

Neat shot! I'll be there Sunday afternoon to ride the polar express train with my daughter and wife.
Dan

Posted from iPhone

Date: 11/23/15 15:44

Dan - from the looks of things down where the passengers board, they were starting to set up the facilities for the weekend trains.

Date: 11/24/15 08:39
Author: NSDTK

Technically it's a MOW machine and not a train. No train crews involved in its moment or operation.

Posted from Android

Date: 11/24/15 12:01

Thank-you for the clarification.

Date: 11/24/15 12:03
Author: Lackawanna484

Does the Herzog have a rail company pilot engineer or conductor?

Date: 11/24/15 14:22
Author: NSDTK

Just a MOW employee. No Engineer or Conductor. Some long distance ferry moves might get a Road Forman of its a rail grinder. That Machine showen in the picture moves on the rear of freight trains when being dead headed to the next location.

Posted from Android

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0339 seconds