Home Open Account Help 261 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > GG-1 at Oak Island

Date: 04/01/03 07:09
GG-1 at Oak Island
Author: nikonman

This G has been at Oak Island for a week or so. Anyone know where it\'s going or who owns it?

Andy

Date: 04/01/03 07:47
Re: GG-1 at Oak Island
Author: nsrayman

yes , it coming to Chattanooga , then my back yard !!!!!!!!!!!

april fools

Date: 04/01/03 10:14
Author: hoops

Whoa!! Any idea when this big guy is going to move? I would love to get a picture of it on the main line.

Date: 04/01/03 10:29
Author: RDG484

I am guessing that it might be going from Hoboken shops to Lebanon, NJ, where U.H.R.S. stores some of their equipment.

Date: 04/01/03 12:11
Author: vrsfan

...By way of NS 19G to 15T @ Allentown, dropped in Debutts scheduled for delivery on the 5th of April ;) lol

nsrayman wrote:
> yes, it coming to Chattanooga, then my back yard !!!!!!!!!!!

Date: 04/01/03 16:18
Author: JimHardman

Where is Oak Island?????

Jim

Date: 04/01/03 16:24
Author: nsrayman

April Fools...RIGHT!
Unless my eyes are playing tricks on me...just behind the first telephone pole in front of the engine...that looks like the Twin Towers..

Date: 04/01/03 18:39
Author: vrsfan

Jim, Oak Island is the former Lehigh Valley hump yard in Newark, NJ. It went into Conrail, then the Shared Assets operations after 6/1/99. It\'s now rather downsized as Selkirk and Allentown do most of the outer-classification for the Shared Assets area.

Not only are the Twin Towers slightly visible were rayman mentioned them, but other than the hump yard - there\'s no single part of the yard that has many congregation of tracks currently. Only 7 of 11 tracks in the Eastbound Receiving Yard are intact, and the departure yard plus the middle leads make only 9 Departure tracks.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0294 seconds