Home Open Account Help 154 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Reminder, Real Time Train Ride on Destination America

Date: 11/26/15 05:51
Reminder, Real Time Train Ride on Destination America
Author: Lakota-rail

For those of you who do not want to watch parades or football today, a reminder about an earlier post.  Cable channel Destination America (286 on Direct TV) is televising a five hour real time train ride with the Alaska Railroad starting at 9:00AM (EST).

Have a great Thanksgiving guys!!!!

Date: 11/26/15 06:18
Re: Reminder, Real Time Train Ride on Destination America
Author: goneon66

dvr'ing and watching it now.  so far i really like it..........

Date: 11/26/15 06:29
Author: LandKruiser

goneon66 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> dvr'ing and watching it now.  so far i really
> like it..........
>
> 66

Same here. Taking a break from peeling potatoes to check it out.

Posted from iPhone

Date: 11/26/15 06:47
Author: PRR K4

Better than watching a yule log!
Channel 101 Cox in Rhode Island

Gobble, Gobble - Jack

Date: 11/26/15 08:06
Author: rev66vette

PRR K4 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Better than watching a yule log!
> Channel 101 Cox in Rhode Island
>
> Gobble, Gobble - Jack

Exactly.........they're re-running it here in the east again right after the first showing.............Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Date: 11/26/15 09:27
Author: RS11

My head was nodding after the first 10 minutes....lol.  Shades of the past.  I'm enjoying it though.

Anybody know what kind of train this was?  I'm assuming passenger.  Seems to be accelerating too fast for any kind of heavy freight.

Here is what is missing from running on the Toledo Sub in Ohio.  Crossings and constant horn, meeting other trains, following other trains and being followed (parade), radio distractions, multiple differing signals (clear, approach, stop, restricting) while following other trains, stuck in sidings waiting for other trains, railfans, calling signals in cab and on the radio, two main tracks, and in some cases loud and rattling cab.

By no means am I complaining, just stating what I was used to.  Nice to not hear cell phones ringing (before the ban), especially when the conductor is on the ground, 30 cars back making a set off and his cell phone ring tone playing music as he counts me down...lol.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.  Enjoy the day! 

Date: 11/26/15 14:26
Author: PCCRNSEngr

Should have dug out one of my cab seats or better yet a parlor car chair. But they are not in the room with the TV.

Date: 11/26/15 19:05
Author: OCtrainguy

If I remember correctly, Railroad Alaska was on the Discovery Channel a few times.  We got a free preview within the past two weeks of the Destination America channel and I really enjoyed watching Railroad Alaska.  You really see how close knit the railroad is with the people who live out there.  

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0366 seconds