Home Open Account Help 285 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Thanksgiving Day Travels

Date: 11/26/15 20:28
Thanksgiving Day Travels
Author: sscannella

Hope everyone has had a great Thanksgiving Day.

I started off my morning in Harrisburg figuring there would be some backlog after yesterday's derailment between CP-PAXTON and CP-HARRIS near the Amtrak Station..I soon spied a 33A (which I assume was Wednesday's version) coming across Rockville Bridge.  I was on Linglestown Rd. so I set up for a tight shot as 25V was coming out the westbound lead departing from Harrisburg Yard.

I then 'raced' down to the State Street Bridge for another shot coming through CP-HARRIS.  Notice the portable floodlights just in front of the lead locomotive which had been set up for Wednesday evening's clean-up of the 38Q derailment.

Date: 11/26/15 20:38
Re: Thanksgiving Day Travels
Author: sscannella

After running some errands, and waiting for the family to get ready to head out for dinner, we had a noon departure for a 2-hour trip up north to Scranton.  Seeing a FB post that southbound 11R was out of Binghamton, NY and had passed thru Clarks Summit, I figured a quick exit at Pittston to intercept at Yatesville would be in order (with little resistance from the family!)  Within a minute of getting out of the vehicle, the all-too familiar marker chirp came on the scanner and I knew it would be mere moments before 11R arrived.  I soon heard the horns at the crossing a half mile away, and was happy to see another Pan Am / MEC engine in the engine consist.  It was then off for our 3:30 dinner appointment!

What a beautiful late-November Day here in the northeast.  Contrast today's 11R with a shot of 11R/CP 458 at Yatesville last Thanksgiving in falling snow and temperatures in the low 20s.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/26/15 20:40 by sscannella.

Date: 11/27/15 09:18
Author: exopr

Nice series.  Thanks for sharing.

Date: 11/27/15 16:08
Author: ns1000

I like the last one......

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0379 seconds