Home Open Account Help 334 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > "Train Them Early - Gates Are For Chickens"

Date: 11/26/15 22:52
"Train Them Early - Gates Are For Chickens"
Author: Torisgod

Tonight after turkey, I was looking through the hilarious results of a black-humor Photoshop contest (theme: PSAs that encourage bad behavior) and found this apropos cartoon. The train photo appears to be several years old, as it has a "raw catfish" in the consist of the NS train. I think that this is actually a promising idea: jokey PSAs that appear to be condoning bad behavior (although, obviously, with clear identification that they are a joke, because there are numerous examples on the internet of how no satire is too silly for nobody to believe it), becuase the true way to get the attention of young whippersnappers is to create funny memes. I think that teenagers would actually think about and follow the underlying message of these announcements if they became viral, and I think I would know better than any of you old geezers, because I am a young whippersnapper myself.

The train photo in this picture appears to be several years old, because it has an unpainted NS "raw catfish" engine in the consist.

Be thankful you aren't these people, and be thankful that someone out there thought crossing "gate-crashing" was enough of a significant problem to make an anti-PSA about it. Also, be thankful for turkey. Not the light meat, but the dark meat. And mashed potatoes. And pumpkin pie. And cranberry sauce.

Date: 11/27/15 00:34
Re: "Train Them Early - Gates Are For Chickens"
Author: Odyssey

Thank you for the post ... brings to mind Forest Gump's famous quote about: Stupid Is as Stupid Does ... huh wonder if the bike helmets would really help?

Odyssey
Evergreen, CO

Date: 11/27/15 06:17
Author: Out_Of_Service

i'm gonna go out on a looooooooooooong limb here and give the father, with his small child the benefit of the doubt and say my take on that photo scenario is thaaaaat ... the train isn't moving but is stopped and the gates are done ... either they are activated and stuck or they keep clearing and then activating with the train in the circuit ... just a hunch i have about all that ...

Date: 11/27/15 07:00
Author: JayK

Looks like Photoshop to me.

Date: 11/27/15 09:36
Author: newtonville150

JayK Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Looks like Photoshop to me.
Me too

Date: 11/27/15 11:04
Author: MontourMan

The crossing and lights are not of standard proportions either.  Looks like it was photo shopped in as well. Gate is on the wrong side of the road too. 

Date: 11/27/15 13:34
Author: P

It is clearly photo-shopped.  Shadows going in different directions, and so on.

Date: 11/27/15 14:41
Author: JUTower

The train photo is at Wegley, just west of Jeannette, PA where there is a crossing that was closed a few years ago. Never had gates or flashers. Photoshop!

Posted from iPhone

Date: 11/27/15 15:04
Author: howeld

Why are we debating weather it is photoshopped or not when the original post clearly says this is from a photoshop contest?

Posted from iPhone

Date: 11/27/15 17:28
Author: chitownjeff

Crossing gate is generally on the other side of the road also

Date: 11/28/15 03:20
Author: Ray_Murphy

howeld Wrote:
> Why are we debating weather it is photoshopped or
> not when the original post clearly says this is
> from a photoshop contest?

Because this is TO, where there are frequent debates about whether fact is fiction and fiction is fact.

Ray

Date: 11/28/15 09:30
Author: SP4360

This is one of the worst photoshop jobs yet, at least try to get it somewhat correct. It makes whoever did this look, well, less than stellar.

Ray_Murphy Wrote:
> howeld Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Why are we debating weather it is photoshopped
> or
> > not when the original post clearly says this is
> > from a photoshop contest?
>
> Because this is TO, where there are frequent
> debates about whether fact is fiction and fiction
> is fact.
>
> Ray

Date: 11/28/15 19:19
Author: P

howeld Wrote:
> Why are we debating weather it is photoshopped or
> not when the original post clearly says this is
> from a photoshop contest?
>
> Posted from iPhone

LOL. I just couldn't believe there were these that weren't certain if it were a real photo or not.  It obviously looked fake to me as soon as I glanced at it.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.1169 seconds