Home Open Account Help 338 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Switcher Saturday Double Header

Date: 02/06/16 08:20
Switcher Saturday Double Header
Author: Out_Of_Service

2 SW end cab units belonging to Dupont Chambers Works in Deepwater, NJ grab a cut of coal hopper cars, off one of 6 tracks, for the coal fired power plant inside the Dupont Chambers W 98% of NS units trains are supplied by symbol train 506 with an 874 filling in the 2% every once in while ... the switchers take 15 cars through the dumper units first and reverse back out drop the empties off on another track and repeat the process until the train is emptied ... 506/874 trains run at 90 cars ... the empties are ready for a 507 empty usually on an every other day schedule ... sometimes the Dupont crew kick A$$ and knock a full train out in a 24 hr period ...

Date: 02/06/16 09:15
Re: Switcher Saturday Double Header
Author: chuchubob

Nice catch, Out.

Date: 02/06/16 11:16

thx Mr Chu ... i don't get down there as much anymore ... photo was taken the day after Christmas last year

Date: 02/06/16 18:43
Author: Gonut1

Nice OOS!
I recall reading the plant security will chase photographers away even though this is a public highway?
Thanks for posting,
Go

Date: 02/07/16 01:47

Gonut1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Nice OOS!
> I recall reading the plant security will chase
> photographers away even though this is a public
> highway?
> Thanks for posting,
> Go

​thx... yeah they think they own Rt 130 and the shoulders on the hwy and a few vacant lots across the road ... they surely drive the local PD nuts caling them on every whim ...

Date: 02/07/16 03:31
Author: BaltoJoey

Maybe if they started charging them for
every 'bad' call they phone in. Like they do here
in Baltimore and other cities and towns for false
fire and burglar alarms, That nonsense would stop!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0452 seconds