Home Open Account Help 375 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Information Please on Steelton Highspire

Date: 02/09/16 14:42
Information Please on Steelton Highspire
Author: misty1

I don't often post the eastern board but as I am a native Pennsylvanian. I am looking for some information on the Steelton Highspire. I know it was a subsidery of Bethlem Steel at Dteelton. I don't remember seeing it in operation or I was not into Fanning at the time. Is this line still active as thery still list an office address. If this is no longer running can you advise when it ceased operations. I have taken a picture of one of their Gons here in Montana in Jan 2016 still in service. Best contact is PM.

Date: 02/09/16 15:00
Re: Information Please on Steelton Highspire
Author: rdgrailfan

http://usa.arcelormittal.com/Our-operations/Long/Steelton 

rail mill still running but not as "productive" as years past, Beth steel is long gone from the area, Pipe mill closed years ago.

Date: 02/09/16 16:21
Author: cr7998

The Steelton & Highspire is still in operation, owned and operated by Arcelor Mittal, which took over the Steelton plant after the Bethlehem Steel bankruptcy.  Today, Arcelor Mittal runs an electric arc furnace and a rail mill at the Steelton site.  The former Bethlehem Steel pipe mill was acquired by Dura-Bond, and manufactures steel line pipe.  S&H also serves the Dura-Bond plant.  Connection is with Norfolk Southern. 

Date: 02/09/16 16:50
Author: RMD23

Digging into the AM website yeilded several very interesting films related to the development and operation of thier US mills.

Date: 02/09/16 19:28
Author: sscannella

Here are pics of a couple of their locomotives - SW7 71 from 1996 and SW1200 77 from 2014, and the NS local which interchanges with them M-F:

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.2132 seconds