Home Open Account Help 378 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Sand Patch area B&B

Date: 02/10/16 22:25
Sand Patch area B&B
Author: prsl

A disclaimer - I have no financial interest in this B&B. I post this info only for the benefit of other TO readers. 

Fyi, I discovered an excellent B&B in Confluence, PA on the CSX Keystone sub, perhaps 50-100 yards from the tracks. It's called the Paddler's Inn Bed and Breakfast. Do a Google search for more info. It's a very comfortable, well-appointed and well-managed place. 

Mike

Date: 02/11/16 04:40
Re: Sand Patch area B&B
Author: DJ-12

I have stayed there several times and agree it is a very nice place. Its a solid 45 minutes from Sand Patch proper, about a mile west of the interlocking at Draketown. Other options besides here and Earls down in Fairhope (if you aren't looking for the chain hotels in Somerset) are Yoder's Guest House in Meyersdale, or Parker House in Confluence, although the last 2 don't have trackside views, just nice places to stay.

Posted from iPhone

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/11/16 10:29 by PittsburghMike.

Date: 02/11/16 05:33
Author: m1bprr

The Second Best  which is the name of the place on Fairhope Rd just above the RR crossing an excellent place to stay.
Ed K.

Date: 02/11/16 08:44
Author: osp1729

The Hanna House B&B in Confluence, PA is another place to stay.  My wife and I have stayed there twice and really enjoyed our stay. 

Shawn

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0271 seconds