Home Open Account Help 288 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > BNSF 9170 BNSF 9150 West, Thursday, April 21, 2016

Date: 04/22/16 11:32
BNSF 9170 BNSF 9150 West, Thursday, April 21, 2016
Author: Ron

BNSF 9170 BNSF 9150 West, Thursday, April 21, 2016, at about 5:25 PM. At Overhead Bridge at Columbia Avenue - MP 170.03 CN South Bend Subdivision, Battle Creek, Michigan.

This was taken from just outside the security fence at the south end of the Kellogg's Battle Creek Airport.

I know this video didn't turn out great, but hopefully next time the sun will be shining and I can get a little better color in it.

I've been wanting to try getting some video at this location, but you pretty much need to know in advance that there is a train lined up to leave Battle Creek, before you get here. There's not much advance warning that a train is coming, no crossings to hear a whistle blowing, and pretty secluded area.

I saw that there was one lined up to depart Battle Creek, so I got here and found a pretty good spot, and then waited. Sure enough, the heavy CN Freight I was hoping to get turned out the be this empty coal train with BNSF Locomotives.

All the while I was there I expected to have the Police roll up any time to see what I was doing. But, nope....not this day!

Ron

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0389 seconds