Home Open Account Help 301 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Article about photography on the railroads.

Date: 05/02/16 12:24
Article about photography on the railroads.
Author: wa4umr

I found this today.  It was on a local railfan Facebook account.  It's a decent article written for the public about photos taken on railroad property and the dangers involved.  It may not be all inclusive but it mentions some recent incidents, abandoned (?) rail, welded rail and how quiet trains are, etc...
http://www.thelawtog.com/exposed-the-risks-of-photographing-on-railroad-tracks/   

I find articles like this and will repost or share on Facebook as a reminder to my friends.   Sharing here seemed appropriate also.

John

Date: 05/02/16 12:53
Re: Article about photography on the railroads.
Author: Lackawanna484

Probably should be on the wedding planner / wedding photographer sites, too.

Good link

Date: 05/02/16 14:12
Author: OARC

I have seen many folks standing to close to tracks to get the photo of the choo choo train.   Really gang,  Have you ever heard of Telephoto lenses.   Stay way back from the tracks and let the lense do the close up work.   Many of you who do take photos do a good job with your tele cams.   I use just one lense,  18 to 200.   I am at least 50 back from the tracks and never missed a shot I wanted to take.   you can get good photos with panoramic background that can make that one photo great..   There are some super Photographers on T O where by one can learn from.   Take some hints and be safe.  

Date: 05/04/16 15:37
Author: melalbert

Excellent article. Sharing with my fellow rail photographer friends, although that may be preaching to the choir. It is the uninformed public I am concerned about.

Date: 05/04/16 19:14
Author: Ron

This is not my photograph. I don't recall just where I found it. Might have been right here on Trainorders, but it's one of those photographs that should definitely be shown to EVERYONE that spends a lot of time around railroad tracks.

I've printed this one on my printer and carry it around in my truck.  You might be surprised by some of the comments I've gotten from people that I've shown this photograph.

Ron

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.032 seconds