Home Open Account Help 348 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Drone video of LaGrange, Ky.

Date: 05/02/16 18:43
Drone video of LaGrange, Ky.
Author: wa4umr

I found this link on a local Facebook account.  It's an advertisement for LaGrange, Ky. but it shows some street running.  It was taken from a drone and is well produced, showing the town as the train goes through.  Right at the beginning it show the train observation tower that was built in the last year.  Along the route it shows Serindipity, a nice little sandwich shop if you want something lite for lunch.  If you go down the street a bit, 119 W Main is seen.  It's has a more complete menu if you are looking for more than sandwiches.  Watching the train go through the town I remember many years ago when it was a two track main through the town.  They didn't have the angle parking at that time.  Since we can't post direct links to Ewe tube, you'll have to find it yourself.  Just search for "La Grange Ky Main Street Program" and look for one with a red building and it has a running time of 2:57.

I post this because I often ask questions about the Street running in LaGrange.  This is a preview for those that might want to visit.  The tower is good for watching trains coming into town from the north.  The park in front of the courthouse is a nice place to kill some time.  Just remember that during the summer they have a farmers market there on Saturday mornings.  The two eateries I mentioned have sidewalk tables when the weather is nice.  You can watch a train just 20 feet from your table.

John

Date: 05/03/16 07:21
Re: Drone video of LaGrange, Ky.
Author: BobE

http://www.lagrangecrossroads.org/   Video is top left. 

BobE

Date: 05/03/16 10:00
Author: Benched_it

That was nice... 25 trains a day? That's even better, thanks for that link!

Jay

Date: 05/03/16 10:12
Author: wheelnrail

Nice video they put together...but 30 trains a day? No way. If that were the case I would make the 2 hour drive every weekend to witness the parade.

Posted from Android

Date: 05/03/16 11:26
Author: ctillnc

Yeah, 30 a day on a single-track line with 10-20 mph running (according to the 2005 ETT) seems very unlikely. 

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/03/16 11:29 by ctillnc.

Date: 05/03/16 14:23
Author: CGTower

Actually it's very likely...while I do not have the current count, the LCL is a pretty busy piece of railroad, I'd say in a 24 hour span 20-25 trains are likely. Plus, with CSX's desire to consolidate and down grade certain lines out of Cincinnati, I think you'd be surprised.

In addition, if the current rumor mill holds true, CSX plans directional running on this line in the future. Plans call for trains to use the L&I from Louisville to Seymour, Indiana, and the former B&O from Seymour to Cincinnati for eastbound trains. The LCL will be used for westbound trains.

CG

ctillnc Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yeah, 30 a day on a single-track line with 10-20
> mph running (according to the 2005 ETT) seems very
> unlikely. 

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/03/16 18:20 by CGTower.

Date: 05/03/16 16:27
Author: MEKoch

I found still pics but NO videos.   What do you click on??

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0478 seconds