Home Open Account Help 343 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > What's With DME's?

Date: 05/27/16 17:05
What's With DME's?
Author: cornerfieldhobby

Lately, on there been quite a few DME units coming out of Buffalo and heading west to Willard. Just recently 6365 went west past Willard through Fostoria. Now on HU's there 4 more up in the Buffalo area. I heard recently that these DME Units are going to the Buffalo & Pittsburgh. So with that, are the units going to the B&P or will some be scrapped? Also are all the DME units up near Buffalo? With that, will 6359, 6367, 6201, & 6091 be coming west on the CSX Erie West sub tomorrow? If they were put on a train, I will try and get photos and videos since these units are not going to be seen anymore on Class 1 RR's. But here are 3 photos I got last Saturday May 21st, which I had no clue they were coming, but 3 went through Mentor on Q351 which were 6360, 6363, & 6366.

Date: 05/27/16 17:33
Re: What's With DME's?
Author: IRP

I was told the CP units you saw on Q351 were being put into storage and will most likely be scrapped. A lot of the DME locomotives you are referring to will most likely meet the same fate.

Posted from iPhone

Nolan Majcher
Broadview Heights, OH
Nolan Majcher Photography

Date: 05/27/16 17:42
Author: toledopatch

....Taking the scenic route to Larry's Truck Electric, perhaps?

Date: 05/27/16 20:14
Author: farmer

Q369 had DM&E and STL&H units in its consist today.

Posted from iPhone

Date: 05/28/16 05:05
Author: cornerfieldhobby

How I heard about the DME's going to B&P was FEC2000 here on TO's mentioned the 3 that were on Q351 went east on the New Castle Sub last Sunday May 22nd. As for the St. Lawrence & Hudson, how come Heritage Units don't add though's units to there list?

Date: 05/28/16 07:34
Author: toledopatch

cornerfieldhobby Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> As for the St. Lawrence & Hudson, how
> come Heritage Units don't add those units to
> their list?

This may be the last one.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0435 seconds