Home Open Account Help 296 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Not sure what I saw Last Night in Ohio

Date: 05/29/16 11:44
Not sure what I saw Last Night in Ohio
Author: ns2557

I was headed west on US6 after taking a break in Napolean Ohio. Somewhere west of Bryan abt 0200 or so I saw an EB. What was diiferent in this one, is that it was a Passenger Train. I know Amtrak doesn't run out here, so what was it? Could it have been the NS Business Train EB?  It was following the NS 7605 at Edgerton and another  2 EB,  one of which was a Steel Slab Train, all gons. There was another EB that I saw just ahead of this one, couldn't really make out what it was, but it appeared to be stacks.  This may have been in Indiana also. Just know it was out that way along US6.

And another odd encounter for me. At the US6 and Indiana Hwy 15 South intersection, a SB Train had US6 blocked for abt 25 minutes. Apparently held by a Stop Signal at Milford Jct Ind. This also would have been rather early am. I have never seen a train on this track before this happened last night, tho it looks like it is a well used Track thru here.  What is this line?

I know, just some rambles here, but the Pass Train was def unique as again I have never seen one along this section of NS prior to this.  Any ideas?   Thanks  Ben

Date: 05/29/16 12:25
Re: Not sure what I saw Last Night in Ohio
Author: MSchwiebert

If you were parallel to the tracks on US6, you were probably between Edgerton Ohio and Butler Indiana. That's the NS (former Conrail) main to Chicago, and yes Amtrak (Lakeshore Ltd. & Capitol Ltd.) runs on it.
At Milford, you crossed the NS (again former Conrail) Marion Branch. I'd guess that it sees 6-12 trains a day, but I'll let others speak better on that.

Posted from iPhone

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0333 seconds