Home Open Account Help 300 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Some Southern US Railroads from the last few years

Date: 05/29/16 12:44
Some Southern US Railroads from the last few years
Author: ns2557

Over the last few years I have been able to shoot some rather obscure Southern Rails. From Ga to Miss. they have been an interesting bunch. So without further adieu here ya go.

Over in the greater Atlanta Ga area one can find, with some searching, the Fulton County Rail. Operated/Owned by Omnitrax the work an Industrial Park in the SW Atlanta area. Apparently all ex ACL Trackage.  Back on Nov 29 2014, while visiting with a friend down here, we got out and did some exploring. Here is the only shot I have of the FCR. This is FCR SW1200 2008  An ex SP unit it was at the Longhorn RR in Texas for a while. Then found it's way here to the FCR.

Over in New Albany Ms the next day, I found this oldie  PREX NW2 108. In all orange in this shot. This is the ex PPU 405. This one is no longer here at New Albany. Not sure when it shipped out tho.  Nice to see the end cabs stills about.  Nov 30 2014  New Albany Ms

And the last of this short set, PREX GP20 2017. An ex ATSF unit same nmbr. It is also at New Albany Ms the same day, 11-30-2014. That blk and yellow paint is kinda catchy in it's own. Tho I would have preferred ATSF Blu/Ylw, this will do.

Sometimes, one has got to get out and off the regualrly traveled roads. Ya never know what might crop up.   Thanks for looking.    Ben

Date: 05/29/16 13:39
Re: Some Southern US Railroads from the last few years
Author: refarkas

Great obscure-railroad locomotive photographs. I didn't know abot these operations, so these are a pleasant surprise.
Bob

Date: 05/30/16 10:20
Re: Some Southern US Railroads from the last few years
Author: retcsxcfm

Bob,
Shortlines and industrials were my passion before I quit taking train pictures.

Uncle Joe,Seffner,Fl.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.034 seconds