Home Open Account Help 374 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Friday......Day for the Locals!! Three short videos of them.

Date: 06/25/16 01:47
Friday......Day for the Locals!! Three short videos of them.
Author: Ron

Here is two short videos of the GTW 4916, combined into one....not too long video. I saw the GTW 4916 leaving Battle Creek, Michigan, so I got the first part of this video, and then my Friend and I headed out west of town hoping to catch him again.

That was no big chore. He was held at CN Max, in Climax, Michigan, waiting for his counterpart to get his work done at Pavilion Yard. Then the GTW 4916 could go west where he had to work Pavilion Yard, before heading west to South Bend, Indiana. The Pavilion Yard is a two track yard adjacent to the CN South Bend Subdivision at MP 157. Trains set out cars for Kalamazoo proper. There is a Switch Assignment that works there each night at about 7:00 PM.....(I think) I got him too, in another video.

GTW 4916 West, Friday, June 24, 2016, at about 6:40 PM. At McCamly Street South - MP 175.73 CN South Bend Subdivision, Battle Creek, Michigan.
GTW 4916 West, Friday, June 24, 2016, at about 9:05 PM. At South 32nd Street - MP 157.67 CN South Bend Subdivision, Scotts, Michigan.

The GTW 4916, and in another video, the EJE 669 East, are both legs of the Battle Creek, Michigan, to South Bend, Indiana, Local Assignment. They normally do not get in each others way, but on Friday they did, and the GTW 4916 had to wait a little over two hours for the EJE 669 to get his work done and get out of the way.

Ron

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 06/25/16 01:52
Re: Friday......Day for the Locals!! Three short videos of them.

Here's the EJE 669 East.

EJE 669 East, Friday, June 24, 2016, at about 8:35 PM. At South 34Th Street - MP 158.93 CN South Bend Subdivision, Scotts, Michigan.

Ron

Date: 06/25/16 02:04

Here's the last one from Friday, June 24, 2016. And there's even a caboose!!!

CN 5258, Kilgore Yard Assignment, Friday, June 24, 2016, at about 9:20 PM. At East S Avenue - MP 0.74 CN Kalamazoo Spur, Scotts, Michigan.

This is the Kilgore Yard Switcher Assignment. They do the local CN city work in and around Kalamazoo, Michigan. And I believe they make a delivery to the Grand Elk Railroad that took over the NS Operations between Elkhart, Indiana, and Grand Rapids, Michigan.

They have to run out to Pavilion Yard to leave out bounds there and pick up and in bounds for Kalamazoo. Pavilion Yard is seven miles from Kilgore Yard.

The CN 5258 was one of the CN Locomotives used for their LNG Testing. I guess they decided to not pursue LNG Fuel. I have not seen the interior of the CN 5258 to see if there are any remnants of their testing still in the cab.

Ron

Date: 06/25/16 05:20
Author: ns1000

I enjoyed the videos!!

Date: 06/25/16 07:30
Author: kingman

The proper end to a freight . Just clean off the graffiti. Yeah Im picky.

Date: 06/25/16 16:53
Author: jkh2cpu

Nice videos, Ron. We've seen that EJ&E unit in Durand in the
past week or two... I just missed it by minutes a time or two
ago in Durand. It went to Flint and then on to Port Huron, and
I think the guys said it came up the Holly from Pontiac or
Flat Rock headed for PH. We were hoping that it would return
westbound later in the day, but that never happened.

John.

Date: 06/25/16 19:00

John,
There's one of the EJ&E Locomotives over in Flint right now.........one of my Facebook Friends from Port Huron was playing golf there Wednesday, at the course on Miller Road across from the GM Parts Plant and saw it switching the plant. He didn't have a number though..... And I looked at the photograph but can't tell the number either.

Ron

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0462 seconds