Home Open Account Help 375 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Above The Wheeling At Brewster

Date: 06/27/16 08:08
Above The Wheeling At Brewster
Author: Ohiorailfan

After Lordstown on Saturday I headed to Brewster for some WLE action. Only saw 3 trains in 6 hours, but it's the Wheeling. I managed to get a few drone shots of the yard and one at Kidron Station. Enjoy!!

Various SD40-2's and GP35's

Date: 06/27/16 08:10
Re: Above The Wheeling At Brewster

2 more drone shots. Then the WLE Pasenger car makes an appearance behind an SD40-2

Date: 06/27/16 08:12

WE 237 with an exciting mix of power at Kidron Station

Date: 06/27/16 09:10
Author: refarkas

Great shots. As the N&W was very friendly, from the late 1960's through the 1970's, I went to the Brewster shop area and locomotive facility to photograph locomotives. It is hard to believe so much from those times has been removed. This helps me comprehend what is now gone.
Bob

Date: 06/27/16 09:13
Author: wpdude

Nice shots! Maybe it's just me, but the overhead shots make it look like a superdetailed model railroad.

Date: 06/27/16 15:00
Author: ns1000

I enjoyed the overhead yard shots!!

Date: 06/27/16 17:42
Author: speederman01

Very impressive operation. I can't imagine what it was like in the heyday of railroading.   Does anyone know if they heat the shop building?  If so, I wonder what that costs per season? 

~DWF 

Date: 06/27/16 19:23
Author: NSDash9

When the W&LE first began its operations in 1990, the Brewster Locomotive Shop building was not heated to save money, but after some costly repairs due to locomotive freeze damage, the heat was turned on.  Fuel oil furnaces were used for heat.  In the late 90's, the furnaces were converted to natural gas, as there was a producing gas well on the W&LE property.

Chris Toth
NSDash9.com

Date: 06/29/16 14:28
Author: BCR_766

Nice pictures, I see an ex-BC Rail SD40-2 awaiting at the sanding towers/fuel rack!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0502 seconds