Home Open Account Help 383 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Alco cab ride

Date: 06/27/16 14:17
Alco cab ride
Author: m1bprr

Back in October of 2000 as a volunteer at Steamtown I had the opportunity to ride Delaware Lackawanna's Alco RS-3 #4118 the first to be restored by the DL shop crew at the south Scranton shop. The train a deadhead move to Carbondale to pick up school kids to take them to Steamtown to show them railroad heritages.
Ed K. OH WELL PRODUCTIONS
cp Laurel Run

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 06/27/16 14:29
Re: Alco cab ride
Author: elu34ch

OUTSTANDING. Historically could be a DL&W move to retrieve broken down MUs.

Date: 06/27/16 16:37
Author: boejoe

Very enjoyable Ed.  Boy, how time flies.  (an oldtimer told me, not so long ago, that time still travels at the same speed - just that some of us are a little slower keeping up with it)

Date: 06/27/16 17:49
Author: VFPNSFAN

Great video!

Date: 06/27/16 18:15
Author: jjd0618psd

Hey Ed I'm very jealous.  As a kid I used to ride they Erie on the NY Division.  A engineer taught me how to run the engine and at the age of 14 I was doing some switching on the pick up.  Engineer would get off the engine and take a walk and let me run the show.  I would sometimes got to Croxton and come back on the 99 at night with four F units pulling about 100 cars.  It was great but I never went into railroading.. A few years ago my wife gave me a birthday gift  ENGINEER FOR A DAY somewhere in CT.  Ran a ALCO  RS 2 for about 2 hours.  Engineer was surprised how well I did for not every being employed by a RR.  I've got some great memories of being in the cab and running them that are worth $$$$ to me the same as your cab ride is to you.  I love the sound of those RSs plus the smoke.  Post more videos if you have them

Date: 06/27/16 19:00
Author: Tominde

Outstanding video.  Nice mix of in cab and runby.    Would that train set and engine still run today?

Date: 06/28/16 05:04
Author: trainsfireengine

Great video, Ed. Does the Hancock 4700 whistle belong to you? I would love to use one on the Midwest Railway's RS3 #123.

Date: 06/28/16 07:11
Author: bluesboyst

Miss those Hancock air chimes...

Date: 06/28/16 08:11
Author: m1bprr

DL 4118 is still in service today along with three other sisters on the Delaware Lackawanna, one in Jersey Central colors. The Hancock 4700 air whistle has been replaced with the proper Nathan M3RT1.
Ed K. cp Laurel Run

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0553 seconds