Home Open Account Help 167 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Kenova, WV

Date: 06/28/16 10:32
Kenova, WV
Author: Benched_it

Is Kenova, WV worth a stop for a couple of hours? A search on here didn't yield much other than steam.
Thanks!

Jay

Date: 06/28/16 11:00
Re: Kenova, WV
Author: Out_Of_Service

there's somebody over there tbat posted some videos of CSX through there and the coal that goes to the barge loading facility ....

Date: 06/28/16 11:05

Thank you, I'll check on it!

Jay

Date: 06/28/16 13:04
Author: jwl1973

Both CSX and NS have lines through Kenova, but both have declined in traffic, especially coal traffic.

On NS, Kenova is part of their gateway corridor, so sees a fair amount of intermodal traffic.

CSX traffic includes Amtrak's Cardinal, and CSX's major locmotive shop is in nearby Huntington.

Date: 06/28/16 14:31
Author: toledopatch

Be aware that CSX traffic is especially soft now because of flood damage farther east on the C&O. Right now they might wish the Clinchfield wasn't shut down but unless that's a really long-term issue nothing is likely to change in that regard.

Posted from Android

Date: 06/28/16 17:22

I forgot about the flooding problems, thanks for the reminder. Also thanks everyone
for the info, I appreciate it!

Jay

Date: 06/29/16 20:26
Author: Sd70ACU

One could sit for hours in Kenova and see nothing, then again the opposite could happen. Sad

Posted from Android

Date: 06/30/16 20:25
Author: tq-07fan

Here is at least a thread with a map I drew several years ago. I haven't been back to Kenova since that train in 2010. My Grandma and I used to drive down there at least once a month back in the mid 1990's. It's hard to say that things, anything was better in the 1990's but certainly Kenova was.

Thread with Kenova map.

Jim

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0277 seconds