Home Open Account Help 324 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Step Bros ... The Bonding Of 2 Pups

Date: 06/30/16 08:34
Step Bros ... The Bonding Of 2 Pups
Author: Out_Of_Service

thx to a headsup from Mr Chu heres the gray ghost hooked up to his step brother at the Camden Engine House ... i'll post camera shots when i get home ... i'm sure Mr Chu has some nice shots ...

Date: 06/30/16 09:35
Re: Step Bros ... The Bonding Of 2 Pups
Author: chuchubob

Here they are, Mr. Out.

Date: 06/30/16 10:11
Author: boejoe

My guess is the CSX unit is an SW1000 and the Juniata Terminal 'gray ghost' is an SW1500.  Anybody have an idea when the primed unit goes back across the Delaware River?

Date: 06/30/16 10:21
Author: chuchubob

Sorry I didn't ID the pups.  CSX 1128 is an SW1001 (low cab) built in 1973 as Reading 2611.  The Juniata Terminal Company pup is an MP15AC built in 1975 as EMDX 115, later UP 1488 and UPY 1488.

Date: 06/30/16 11:54
Author: Out_Of_Service

sometimes the pups get a chance to stretch their legs away from the South Philly street trackage along Delaware Ave and piers where they're used for the sharp curves off of Delaware Ae ... here we see in the first image Ritchie the engineer who worked with the loco under CR and next is Jimmy(since retired) who worked with the former Reading unit as a former Reading man and the last is the crew bringin'er home ... they'll head to the north end of he yard and cut off the cars in the support (departure) ... Jimmy and his cndr trainee with get off at 27th St yard office and Ritchie will come back south and put her away at the house in Pavonia ... the new young guys don't have any sense of nostalgia ... they don't understand what all the fuss is about ... damn shame ... i miss my good ole 05 crew that use to come by my house with a cpl toots and a wave while i was out in the front yard or walking the dogs  ...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/30/16 18:59 by Out_Of_Service.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0398 seconds