Home Open Account Help 362 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Thoroughbreds visiting their Uncle Pete

Date: 06/30/16 14:22
Thoroughbreds visiting their Uncle Pete
Author: MaryMcPherson

Between dodging thunderstorms popping up Sunday, here is a northbound heading up the Union Pacific's Chester Subdivision just north of C.P. Potts between Reynoldsville and Ware, Illinois.  The gravel road running alongside the tracks is part of the Union County Wildlife Area.

Mary McPherson
Dongola, IL
Diverging Clear Productions

Date: 06/30/16 14:34
Re: Thoroughbreds visiting their Uncle Pete
Author: MaryMcPherson

(First)  Saturday was hot and humid, and the day started off mostly sunny.  By early afternoon however, a line of storms began popping up just west of the Missisppi River.  The clouds were crossing into southern Illinois and spreading as a northbound stack train charged up the Chester Sub. just north of McClure.

(Second)  Looking at the radar, I headed a couple of miles north to make sure I'd avoid getting wet equipment.  It was interesting to watch as the small storm spread into something larger and more intense just to the east.  The back side of the storm grew outward, staying stationary just a mile or two away in relation to my location.  There I waited, watching lighting dance a few miles away and listening to the rolling thunder while staying dry as a bone and enjoying the wind kicked up by inflow into the storm.  Before long, Union Pacific added some rolling thunder of its own to the fireworks display Mother Nature was staging.  The second photo shows the growing storm in the background at Reynoldsville.

Mary McPherson
Dongola, IL
Diverging Clear Productions

Date: 06/30/16 15:32
Re: Thoroughbreds visiting their Uncle Pete
Author: Out_Of_Service

the past week we had Uncle Pete checking on the thorughbreds in a few posts below on this page ...

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0394 seconds