Home Open Account Help 258 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Oakdale, TN Monday

Date: 07/23/16 07:31
Oakdale, TN Monday
Author: gp60m143

I am going to be in Oakdale this Monday and was curious if anyone knows of major MOW activity that may curtail daylight volumes on the Rathole.

Also, what volume level should I expect from say 0700 to 1600?

Thanks.

Posted from iPhone

Date: 07/23/16 07:45
Re: Oakdale, TN Monday
Author: wheelnrail

I was visiting Burnside, KY last week, further north but still on the same line, and received roughly the same trains. As far as MoW windows, I'm unsure; I visited on a weekend to avoid that possibility. However, if traffic patterns are like the 2 days I was there, you should expect plenty very early morning, later dieing off by mid morning, and getting plenty of trains again by mid afternoon until sunset. I believe you'll see a southbound High priority/UPS train in your area mid afternoon. 

Date: 07/23/16 08:07
Author: dan7366

gp60m143 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I am going to be in Oakdale this Monday and was
> curious if anyone knows of major MOW activity that
> may curtail daylight volumes on the Rathole.
>
> Also, what volume level should I expect from say
> 0700 to 1600?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Posted from iPhone

Noon - 3pm tends to be kinda dead.
From 7-noon, you can probably expect an average of 2 trains per hour, possibly more.  Overall, you can probably expect 15 or so for the total period. Most of the intermodals run in the afternoon/evening, southbound anyway.  23G 99% of the time has a DPU, and it seems that typically 2 southbound manifests end up combined in Cincinnati, resulting in mid-train DPUs.

Also, it's recommended that you have a friend along, preferably with a name that starts with a ".4", especially after the incident with a meth-head and a train in November.

Dan

Date: 07/23/16 08:09
Author: toledopatch

Given the high, harsh light angles this time of year, especially that far south, 12-3p is an excellent time for a traffic lull.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.037 seconds