Home Open Account Help 389 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Cass, WV Restaurant Question.

Date: 07/23/16 08:29
Cass, WV Restaurant Question.
Author: bert14

Hi All, Heading again to Cass this August for a few days and will stay in a cabin this time instead of the Snowshoe Hotel.
What are the food possibilities for B,L,& especially Dinner?
Is the restaurant across the river still there? Any Good?
Thanks mucho in advance..... 

Date: 07/23/16 09:17
Re: Cass, WV Restaurant Question.
Author: steamfan

You can check out the Boyer Station area on the way in (depending on your route). There is a family diner near Boyer Motel that is good. Motel restaurant is seasonal - not sure of status... I think the spot by Cass station is open more for breakfast and lunch type food.

Posted from Android

John R -- CP Spring
Carlisle, PA

Date: 07/23/16 15:58
Author: Ex127So

The restaurant in the company store closes around 5:00 to 5:30 PM.  If you ride to Bald Knob, you would be well advised to get soon after the train arrives back in town.  I can't vouch for the place across the river, as I didn't eat there.

Date: 07/23/16 16:09
Author: SR_Krause

Honestly, I wouldn't plan on any restaurant food in Cass. Limited timeframe, extremely limited selection, and if you're going to do before train/after train photography, you'll be going hungry. Plan it like you're camping, esp. if you're staying in one of the company houses in Cass. Did that a few years ago and really enjoyed it, but we camp quite a lot so we've got a foodplan routine. Really, it's the only major downside to Cass IMO.

SRK

bert14 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hi All, Heading again to Cass this August for a
> few days and will stay in a cabin this time
> instead of the Snowshoe Hotel.
> What are the food possibilities for B,L,&
> especially Dinner?
> Is the restaurant across the river still there?
> Any Good?
> Thanks mucho in advance..... 

Steve Krause
Chillicothe, IL

Date: 07/24/16 07:57
Author: sixaxlecentury

Bear Creek Lodge, just across the street is a great little motel, and they also have a full kitchen.  I seem to recall they were open late as well.  

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0507 seconds