Home Open Account Help 354 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > LTEX Question.

Date: 07/24/16 08:11
LTEX Question.
Author: ns2557

Can one get close to their facility in McDonald Ohio? At least I believe that is where they are? Have always thought abt going by here if possible. Just don't know exactly where they are located.  Thanks. Ben

Date: 07/24/16 08:38
Re: LTEX Question.
Author: CR6079

While you cant get on the property there is an overhead bridge which spans some of it along with the CSX New Castle sub from there you can get some decent pics. Beyond the bridge and down the ramp is Mcdonald Steel so traffic isnt real heavy.

Posted from iPhone

Date: 07/24/16 12:20
Author: ns2557

But, How do you get to it?  Where in McDonald is it located at?  Ben

Date: 07/24/16 13:10
Author: Gonut1

Ben,
Its just north of 2nd Street & Ohio Ave in McDonald. The bridge over LTEX & CSX is Ohio Ave which goes into McDonald Stee Corp.
Google Maps will take you there by the intersection in search The Salt Springs Road exit off I-80 puts you in the general neighborhood.
Gonut

Date: 07/24/16 14:02
Author: RichK

Where can you park near the bridge mentioned above?

Richard Kaminsky
North Royalton, OH
THE RAILFAN GALLERY

Date: 07/24/16 14:52
Author: CR6079

There is a parking lot with a couple of storage garages you can park. FWIW we have found you can walk across the bridge and down to the bottom of the ramp but beyond that iffy in the trespassing area.

Posted from iPhone

Date: 07/25/16 10:04
Author: Alstrainshop

Ive been there a few times. There plenty of places to park, i normally park in the lot across the street. Theres cameras there overlooking the area before the bridge. I once talked to a security guard who was coming off shift, heading home. He was cool with buffs taking pictures. They dont seem to mind as long as there is no tresspassing, which brings up a question. I was always told that you can take pics UP to the bridge, not on it. The bridge has signs from what i do recall, and never stepped foot on it.

Posted from iPhone

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0312 seconds