Home Open Account Help 336 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Double PRR Heritage at MACE

Date: 07/25/16 05:43
Double PRR Heritage at MACE
Author: SDP40F600

The Pennsylvania Railroad heritage unit of Norfolk Southern led train 12V across Ohio on Sunday afternoon. I was at a picnic in Warwick Park in nearby Clinton when word filtered through railfan cyberspace that the 8102 was on the move out of Mansfield. I motored down to Massillon to get the train from the Cherry Road bridge over the NS Fort Wayne Line. It is shown passing the PRR position light signals at MACE, which was the junction of a joint trackage arrangement with PRR and Baltimore & Ohio to Warwick. The ex-PRR track between those cities has since been removed but R.J. Corman operates the ex-B&O track. From MACE, the Corman continues south toward Dover and New Philadelphia. The ex-B&O and now Corman route can  be seen above the tank car.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/25/16 05:45 by SDP40F600.

Date: 07/25/16 07:09
Re: Double PRR Heritage at MACE
Author: refarkas

Beautiful . PRR heritage unit with original PRR signals. Great "What IF?" photo.
Bob

Date: 07/25/16 09:00
Author: Forever-Railfan-45

Great shot there Craig...

Date: 07/25/16 12:23
Author: SDP40F600

Thanks, Carl and Bob, for the compliments. I also enjoyed your image, Carl, of the same train coming out of the bridge.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0403 seconds