Home Open Account Help 158 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Signal Cutovers on the Pokey?

Date: 07/26/16 13:46
Signal Cutovers on the Pokey?
Author: DPM

Does anyone have any information on cutover dates for the new signals that have been installed on the NS Pocahontas District in West Virginia?  Many of these have been up for a year, but have not been activated.  I’d like to know if any cutover dates have been set. 

Also, are there any remaining N&W position signals on the Pokey or Kenova Districts without new signals standing next to them?

Thank you,
Dave Malohn

Date: 07/26/16 15:56
Re: Signal Cutovers on the Pokey?
Author: wheelnrail

I too would like to know when the cutover is.

As for signals, Kenova *should* still have one bracket signal remaining about 3-4 miles north of Naugatuck, WV. Those are the only ones left on the Kenova. On the Pocahontas, I'm sure some replacements have cut over, or have been installed beside most signals. The N&W signals at Hensley, WV *should* still be there, replacement free, but im not 100%. That's about as much as I know, unfortunately.

Date: 07/26/16 17:10
Author: cockaboose

How many trains are running the Kenova now days? I spent about five hours in downtown Kenova at the looong trestle a few weeks ago it seemed like maybe one an hour while I was there.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/26/16 17:11 by cockaboose.

Date: 07/27/16 19:29
Author: tq-07fan

Check out the Google Satellite images for the Pokey area. They are from 2016 ans show a lot of new signals along with old that have replacements laying around nearby...

Yes, for an area that I got to several times circa ten years ago a trip is long overdue, like over five years since I've been down there.

Jim

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0341 seconds