Home Open Account Help 236 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Massillon/Navarre/Brewster, Ohio

Date: 07/26/16 19:30
Massillon/Navarre/Brewster, Ohio
Author: refarkas

Until a few weeks ago a railfan might get one or two trains on the NS and one or two trains on the W&LE on many mornings. I have been there from before 8:00 A.M. to around 11:00 A.M. for five mornings in the last two weeks and have only gotten two RJ Corman moves. Have the other railroads changed their operating practices or what? I rarely hear anything local on my scanners also.
Thanks for any help.
Bob

Date: 07/26/16 20:10
Re: Massillon/Navarre/Brewster, Ohio
Author: Poker2662

W&LE 271 has been running north out of Brewster around 6am lately, and a 555 south out of Gambrinus usually between 11am-12pm. I've also noticed the 625 local has been tying down on the Asylum Lead for the night somewhat frequently lately, with the 624 picking it up the following morning.

​For RJ Corman, I believe they are running 3-5 times a week, with a job north to Wooster on Tuesdays, a job to Warwick two days a week, and an odd stonetrain once every one or two weeks. A lot less stone ordered this year, unfortunately.

​And on NS, the only train I know of that runs just about every morning is the CT10 local from Canton yard to Timken and back. Road freights 10E, 15V, 170, 12V, and 169 all seem to be running through the area between noon and 9pm now.

​Matt

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/26/16 20:11 by Poker2662.

Date: 07/27/16 09:29
Re: Massillon/Navarre/Brewster, Ohio
Author: refarkas

Thanks for the update. 
Try to stay cool!
Bob

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0365 seconds