Home Open Account Help 222 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Photo Runby From Both Views

Date: 07/30/16 18:49
Photo Runby From Both Views
Author: RDG630

The Allentown & Auburn operated a special charter today, including two trips with their former PRR Doodlebug 4666. Given I had photos of the A&A previously I elected to stay on board the first one, something I had never done before. So, here are two views of two different runbys from on board and the usual photo line.

Date: 07/31/16 06:12
Re: Photo Runby From Both Views
Author: dschlegel

Neat perspective!
Dan

Posted from iPhone

Date: 07/31/16 09:57
Author: ChessieSystem

A great event topped off by a fun excursion. My family thou roughly enjoyed the experience. 

JW

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/31/16 09:57 by ChessieSystem.

Date: 07/31/16 16:42
Author: OCtrainguy

Likewise here.  My son, despite being bothered by a sore throat, and I enjoyed ourselves.  The ride on the doodblebug was great!  I remember it sitting in Ringoes on the BR&W hoping it would run again some day.  My office is near the old PRR line where it last regularly ran passenger trains between Manasquan and the NEC.  The line is now a rail trail and I am walking it almost every day during my lunch break. 

Date: 07/31/16 20:29
Author: sscannella

Nice pics Dale, and definitely a fun, though sometimes steamy day.  Curious if the second doodlebug return beat the downpours.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0458 seconds