Home Open Account Help 234 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Delaware Lackawanna PT98 on August 9th

Date: 08/23/16 19:22
Delaware Lackawanna PT98 on August 9th
Author: OCtrainguy

Getting a little closer to catching up on my photos.  On August 9th, my son and I attended a concert in Wilkes-Barre, so I figured since we'd be up in the area, I wanted to photo the DL with their PT98 train to the Delaware Water Gap and back.  In my visits to the Poconos before, I've had a few unsuccessful attempts to photo this train.  So I wanted to try again.  We got a late start due to traffic on the Garden State Parkway and on I-287 coming up from New Jersey. I met up with Ed K that morning, thanks again Ed.  The PT98 didn't work at Tobyhanna on their way down (lite engines only per Ed).  As we weren't sure if they passed through East Stroudsburg or not, we headed into Delaware Water Gap and waited for them.   We got there before they did and saw one cut of cars with grain cars and centerbeams but they also seemed to have picked up to cuts of cars left for them by NS.  Here are some photos.

1.  Making headroom with the second cut of cars attached
2.  All  set and now they are heading out
3.  I like this paint scheme as it's got a little bit of a Erie Lackawanna look to it in my opinion.

A few more to come.

Date: 08/23/16 19:29
Re: Delaware Lackawanna PT98 on August 9th

Continuing the photos of the PT98.  We opted for the western side of East Stroudsburg, at Mill Creek Road.  Not sure if this is considered Gravel Place or not.  

4.  At the Mill Creek grade crossing
5.  Passing under the former DL&W signal
6.  Even with the graffiti on it, I really like this "Saskatchewan" hopper.

From there, we headed up to Tobyhanna, but we didn't see them by the time my son and I had to leave.  Ed hung in a bit longer with no success either.  Not sure if they worked the lumber yard in Cresco or not or what happened.  Still, my son and I had some success.  Definitely want to try again this year.  Hope you enjoy the photos. 

Date: 08/23/16 19:51
Delaware Lackawanna PT98 on August 9th

To accompany my photos, here is my video of the PT98 at Mill Creek Road.  Hope you enjoy! 

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 08/23/16 21:01
Author: bluesman

Wonderful! Thanks for posting.

Date: 08/24/16 02:21
Author: JPB

Very nice! Looks like CP is still supplying grain to Ardent Mills at Mt Pocono but apparently NS interchanges the grain via Slateford Jct instead of Scranton, as CP used to do?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/24/16 02:24 by JPB.

Date: 08/24/16 07:15
Author: m1bprr

OCtrainguy Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> To accompany my photos, here is my video of the
> PT98 at Mill Creek Road.  Hope you enjoy! 

Non the less it was fun railroading with you and your son Steve, sharing storey's along the way as you put it helps pass the time waiting on something to happen. I might add I had forgotten that I met you on the BR&W a few years back.
Ed K.

Date: 08/24/16 18:29
Author: bluesboyst

I thought the train would be going 10 MPH.. not bad.....

Date: 08/24/16 20:20

m1bprr Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> OCtrainguy Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > To accompany my photos, here is my video of the
> > PT98 at Mill Creek Road.  Hope you enjoy! 
>
> Non the less it was fun railroading with you and
> your son Steve, sharing storey's along the way as
> you put it helps pass the time waiting on
> something to happen. I might add I had forgotten
> that I met you on the BR&W a few years back.
> Ed K.
>

Likewise, it was catching up with you Ed.  I think I remember that day on the BR&W.  

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0507 seconds