Home Open Account Help 308 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Getting By With a Little Help From My Friends

Date: 08/24/16 02:38
Getting By With a Little Help From My Friends
Author: SDP40F600

If you were a photographer on the east side of Cleveland last Monday, you became familiar with NS train 68D, a heavy train of stone hoppers that delivers its loads to Shelly Materials at the Chrysler Yard in Twinsburg, Ohio. The 68D had to clear up on Track No. 2 at CP 102 of the Cleveland Line before the 11K with DC to AC conversion unit No. 4000 could continue west. At the time, the Cleveland Line was single-tracked between CP 102 and CP 107 due to a track maintenance project.Earlier, the 68D had stopped on Track No. 1 in the vicinity of MP 114 in Cleveland to get a pair of pusher units, which came from the BF12. The helpers were to give the 68D a hand as it worked it way uphill on the Crown Industrial Track, which diverges from the Cleveland Line at CP 102.The helpers are shown going away at Bedford at MP 110 in a telephoto shot made from the West Glendale Street grade crossing. Ordinarily, I am not thrilled about shooting the tail end of motive power, but in this case there was something about it that I really liked. Maybe that is because having the BF12 locomotives pushing elephant style helps convey that these are helper units. The crossing in the distanced is Grace Street.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/24/16 02:39 by SDP40F600.

Date: 08/24/16 07:28
Re: Getting By With a Little Help From My Friends
Author: richs

Great image.  What goes on now out at what was Chrysler yard?
RichS

Date: 08/24/16 11:10
Re: Getting By With a Little Help From My Friends
Author: ns2557

Nice catch. Kinda harkens back to the ol N&W in the days of running Long Hood Fwd.  Ben

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0373 seconds