Home Open Account Help 318 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Some W&LE Action Plus TC-1 with VIP's

Date: 08/25/16 04:00
Some W&LE Action Plus TC-1 with VIP's
Author: jmbreitigan

Good morning, this past Monday I decided to go to a spot in Southview to try for a picture of an early morning eastbound train. Specifically at switch control #69.3 ( George ) at Southview, PA. My last visit to this area it was just switch control #69. Well I got lucky and caught something at 07:30 W&LE #305 by itself head east. With unpredictable running I was happy to see something. Wednesday I went back to try my luck again hoping for a train. When I arrived the signal was in-op and a signal maintainer was there working. So that did not look promising. But W&LE # 6355 came by headed east from Hickory siding by itself just like Monday. The maintainer watched the switch as #6355 went by. I did get some reliable info that the president & vice president were in TC-1 headed east to Rook yard in Carnegie, PA. Supposedly they stared east from Avella, PA. So with the sun climbing and me with no shade I decided to leave and search for another location with shade and wait fro TC-1. I found a spot in the tiny village of Venice, PA. and was able to get a shot of TC-1. Two guys up front and two in the back. So I am guessing the VIP's were on-board. Then is was off to Arden, PA. Recently a picture was posted here of a locomotive delivered to the POHC yard in McKee's Rocks in G&W paint. I believe the road number was #1711. I have been hoping to catch out this way on the way to Washington Penn Plastics but have not seen it. Today would be no different. The regular #8702 came by. I wonder if they ever break up what is sent to Arden ? Anyway I got a photo of street car 1711 in the barn. So here we go:

1. Monday at 07:30 AM W&LE #305 heads east to Rook from Hickory siding. The sun is still behind some trees in the distance behind me giving some nice light.

2. What a difference in lighting we see at 8:02 AM as the sun has cleared the trees behind me. A doe & fawn get ready to cross the track. They did both look my way before crossing.

3. Here it is Wednesday and the signal maintainer is working the light issue at switch control #69.3. You may notice the tag reader to the left of the track. There is another one behind the cabinet. Those have been added since my last visit also. I am not as close as it appears. This is a telephoto shot. About 200mm as in picture 2 also.

More pictures.................

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/25/16 04:01 by jmbreitigan.

Date: 08/25/16 04:07
Re: Some W&LE Action Plus TC-1 with VIP's

4. Still Wednesday, the maintainer has watched the switch as W&LE #6355 heads east from Hickory siding to Rook yard. 

5. TC-1 heads east towards Rook with the VIP's on-board at Venice, PA.

6. Now I am at the trolley museum at Arden, PA. #4308 crosses Museum road to its stop at the museum.

A few more pictures.........................

Date: 08/25/16 04:11

7. Trolley #1711 in the barn.

8. POHC local headed to Washington Penn Plastics. Wouldn't it be nice to have that new POHC #1711 go by with trolley #1711 outside.

John

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/25/16 04:13 by jmbreitigan.

Date: 08/25/16 06:37
Author: agrafton

Nice series John, been to that musuem several times, too cool. like that last shot.....

Date: 08/25/16 08:31
Author: refarkas

Good variety. I especially like the last museum image with their displays and the P&OC locomotive.
Bob

Date: 08/25/16 09:19
Author: SCKP187

Nice catches.  Really like the W&LE Grande paint scheme. The deer sure are larger/better fed in your area than in Oklahoma.  Nice photos.
Brian Stevens

Date: 08/25/16 10:47
Author: train544

Hi JM
Oh Deer me very nice set of pictures,especialy the trolleys
Now I see how you get around to get your pictures riding the trolley car
And the deer giving you a tour showing you around
Tom Boylan

Date: 08/25/16 15:20
Author: Out_Of_Service

real nice images John 

Date: 08/26/16 03:43

Thanks guys. Yes Brian, the deer are eating well in southwestern PA.
John

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0655 seconds