Home Open Account Help 314 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Where did YOU get that Trainorders.com handle??

Current Page:1 of 4

Date: 08/03/03 20:53
Where did YOU get that Trainorders.com handle??
Author: Ster2Block

Alright, let\'s see them and hear about them.

Where did you get that TO handle?

Mine, being Ster2Block, comes from hanging out around Sterling and adopting that name from many other railfans.

It is the DTC block, shown in this picture, from Sterling to Seville on the CL&W Subdivision. "Ster" block, Track 2.

What\'s your story?

Tony :)
Ster2Block

PS: It sure is nice when you hang around somewhere so much that all the locals (not RRfans) know you, and let you go in their yards to get shots without trespassing on the RR...it\'s great!

Date: 08/03/03 20:58
Re: Where did YOU get that Trainorders.com handle??
Author: telus6429

Here is what I am named after.

Telus6429
Ian
Windsor,Ontario
http://www.trainweb.org/swontariotrain/index.html

Date: 08/03/03 20:58
Author: dputz

My name.

d for Daniel
putz for my last name
hence dputz

Same for my dad who is oddly enough gputz

g for Gerry
putz for his(our) last name

Date: 08/03/03 21:01
Author: CSXQ167

Well mine is easy enough, it\'s CSX van train Q167. The reason I picked that one was, it was my first ever train as a conductor, and heck it can go 60mph, faster is better :) Q167 out

Date: 08/03/03 21:11
Author: holiwood

Holiwood, actually, Hollywood but that spelling was taken when I first got internet. Seems most boys in my school class were named Steve, Mike or James. A coach called me Hollywood misprouncing Hollingsworth. I liked it and it stuck. Used it as my CB handle also. Been called that most of my life.
Steve

Date: 08/03/03 21:12
Author: TriangleRoute

Picked mine while working CSX\'s Savannah-Jacksonvile-Waycross "Triangle" as a conductor, and then engineer before leaving the on call world of Class 1 RRing, to play with shortlines! No more 3 am "Crew caller for X.X. XXXXXXX, though I gotta admit, I do kinda miss running a 70 mph pig on that double track welded rail! But, I DONT miss a lot of other things, so, I am thankful for the experience, but not willing to do it again! Shortline Railroading might not be glamourous, but, it is enjoyable in its own right, and, no fleabag hotels at the away terminal!

Date: 08/03/03 21:28
Author: muskblock

Well, then I guess mine would look like this Tony? Sorry, I had to. LOL.

Many great years of chasing the ONE and ONLY train that runs on the 25 mph jointed rail of the Musk Block between mileposts CGC 54.1 (Muskegon Heights, MI) and 33.6 (West Olive, MI) on the Montague Sub, the D727, better known as the "Cannonball". Nothing like sitting at Laketon Ave. in Muskegon listening to a pair of GP38-2\'s pulling a heavy train up the Henry Street Hill, strugling to make 10 mph...ahhhh, time to go dig out the old movies...

MuskBlock

Date: 08/03/03 21:30
Author: wnyfan

looking forward to your trip to batavia. I will believe when I see you here. No biggee if you can\'t make it. Take care.

Date: 08/03/03 21:38
Author: wnyfan

Glad to see and understand where you got your Ster block 2 name. Loose the dates on your photos. looking forward to your trip to Batavia. Going to bed. Good night Kev...

Date: 08/03/03 21:51
Author: F59PHI450

\'Nuff Said
-F59PHI450

http://www.trainweb.org/f59phi450/

Date: 08/03/03 22:00
Author: BothanSpy

I like Star Wars......

(starts stopwatch)

Date: 08/03/03 22:05
Author: hebron_hapt

hebron_hapt

hebron = Hebron ME

hapt = Hebron Any Power Team

Roughly modeled after the Worcester (MA) Foreign Power Team, legendary in New England for spotting foreign power on the CSX and Guilford Massachusetts mainlines.

Here in Hebron we haven\\\'t seen a train come through town in over 50 years. We\\\'ll take whatever power we can get!!

Check out HAPT\\\'s gift to railfans - the Maine Scanner Feed
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/mainescannerfeed

Date: 08/03/03 22:32
Author: redneckrailfan

Well I live in the state of Kentucky and ofcourse everybody thinks that us Kentuckians are "rednecks". Also I am a "railfan" so take the two and put them together and you get "redneckrailfan".

Bryan

Date: 08/03/03 23:22
Author: TopcoatSmith

Made it up off the TOP of my head since several other choice names were taken.

TCS - I know KC.

Date: 08/03/03 23:22
Author: diddle_e._squat

You mean Diddle E. Squat isn\'t my birth name?

(He asks, totally dumbstruck and crestfallen, like when Steve Martin is told \'the truth\' early in \'The Jerk\')

Date: 08/04/03 00:24
Author: KingCoal

Being a Reading fan, The King Coal comes to mind.

Date: 08/04/03 00:52
Author: csxt4617

Here\'s my "handle". I chose it because it\'s the
last C&O painted unit left on CSX, and has been
for quite some time (10 years or more), and has
actually outlasted the Chessie scheme that replaced
it. Caught the unit last week in Baltimore while
on vacation.

Date: 08/04/03 01:04
Author: cnwjag

CNW is for the railroad, obviously. The jag is short for a slang term that CNW guys on the Illinois and Wisconsin Div. tended to call each other, themselves, dispatchers, yardmasters, tower operators, passengers, trainmasters, road foremen, commuter control, van drivers or anyone else who happened to be around at the time. Sort of another version of the Canadian term "hoser".

--jag

Date: 08/04/03 02:41
Author: chuchubob

A Korean (now US citizen) at work started calling me Choo Choo Bob. Sometimes I\'d sign an email to him Chu Chu Bob, which he took in the vein in which it was sent (benign humor).
When I opened a Yahoo email account, choochoobob was already taken, so I became chuchubob.

Date: 08/04/03 02:51
Author: farmer

Work for CSX to get a paycheck every two weeks.Thisk keeps the wife happy. Farm a thousand acres with a neighbor for a expensive hobby.

Current Page:1 of 4

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0688 seconds