Home Open Account Help 382 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > " Grinder " anyone?

Date: 09/26/16 14:50
" Grinder " anyone?
Author: ns2557

Well, lets explore that word abit.  In some area's of the North East it's a Hero Sandwich/Sub/Po Boy (tho that's more southern). Websters defines it as someone/something that grinds, or perhaps you're teeth even.  Well in this instance  will go with one of the Websters Definitions.  Tho I rather like the SUB version.

Was dowm in the Gaffney SC area for a load this morning. on the Piedmont Div/Charlotte Dist at MP 435, When I left the shipper here, I saw NS 9177 S just coming to a stop So I parked the stted and got out to shoot some shot's.  Trying to figure out why he was stopped on an approach I soon figured it out.  Loram RG 401 was working it's way north. So here are a few from this encounter of the "Grinder"  and it was grinding as it went past me.   Always was fascintaed by the beasts.  Smoke/noise etc. Great to see.  All shots today  9-262016  TFL  Ben

Date: 09/27/16 10:35
Re: " Grinder " anyone?
Author: steamloco

You should have waited for the fire trucks. When they were in Easley SC (about 50 miles south) a few days before the fire department ran all day long putting out cross ties smoldering and burning. Weather has been very dry here all summer.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0341 seconds