Home Open Account Help 328 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Black & White......And a Streak of Silver

Date: 01/10/17 19:12
Black & White......And a Streak of Silver
Author: cinder

The January winter has drained all the color off the top of Sand Patch grade.  High in the Allegheny Mountains of PA, three inches of dry powdery snow has fallen in less than two hours just before dawn, but the morning gloom still envelopes Mance at 8:40 am.  Suddenly,  the gray stillness is pierced by the headlight and horn of eastbound Amtrak P030, running only 15 minutes late.  Mountain quietude then reclaims the 14-degree day.

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 01/10/17 19:30
Re: Black & White......And a Streak of Silver
Author: cutboy2

Wish i had  been  riding it!!  Nice  coverage.

Date: 01/11/17 07:49
Author: Pattenburg

With the way you worded this thread I thought I was reading a Jack London novel, nice introduction to accompany this video.

Date: 01/11/17 12:00
Author: bluesboyst

Nice Roger.....

Date: 01/11/17 14:04
Author: kinnearyard

Does anyone live in the old Post Office by the tracks ?  Saw it years ago looking pretty sad .some scrapped cars back under the trees ,surprised it's still there.  Also met the old fellow and his wife who lived in the house behide this scene , had a old red jeep parked by the barn . They both passed years ago. It was a hot summer and lots of trains . Just relating a good memory.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0338 seconds