Home Open Account Help 315 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Lehigh Valley 576 & 578

Date: 01/11/17 10:43
Lehigh Valley 576 & 578
Author: cornerfieldhobby

I seen a recent upload on YouTube this morning that Railfan of 2017 uploaded of a NS Northbound Freight in Thomasville NC Railcam and the last trailing units were Lehigh Valley F7A #576 & F7A #578. Question, I've seen photos of these units and heard there being refurbished back into service, is that correct? But where are these units headed today?

Date: 01/11/17 10:58
Re: Lehigh Valley 576 & 578
Author: lapklub

They were in Ranlo NC on the Piedmont & Northern, but I don't think they ever ran.  There were somekind of problems with them.  They took them to the NS interchange in Gastonia NC to be picked up.   They sat at the interchange for a week before NS picked them up and heard they went to Linwood.  Not sure where they're going now? 
Mike

Date: 01/11/17 11:37
Author: ns2557

Word has it they are going to the Grenada Rwy in Grenada Ms, which is south of Memphis on Us51. This is an Ed Ellis operation down there now. Ben

Posted from Android

Date: 01/11/17 12:05
Author: cornerfieldhobby

ns2557 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Word has it they are going to the Grenada Rwy in
> Grenada Ms, which is south of Memphis on Us51.
> This is an Ed Ellis operation down there now. Ben
>
> Posted from Android

If there headed to Mississippi, why would they be heading north through North Carolina? I ask because I live in Ohio so I'm not familar with the tracks down south.

Date: 01/11/17 15:17
Author: ns2557

cornerfieldhobby Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ns2557 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Word has it they are going to the Grenada Rwy
> in
> > Grenada Ms, which is south of Memphis on Us51.
> > This is an Ed Ellis operation down there now.
> Ben
> >
> > Posted from Android
>
> If there headed to Mississippi, why would they be
> heading north through North Carolina? I ask
> because I live in Ohio so I'm not familar with the
> tracks down south.

From what I was told, they are headed to Memphis. Then south to the new operation down at Grenada. Not sure why nb thru NC tho. Perhaps to Roanoke then west. Ben

Date: 01/11/17 22:31
Author: joehinson

They were initially sent to the Piedmont & Notthern, as someone else mentioned above me. They arrived in December. They inspected them and decided they needed more work than could be down in North Carolina, so the corporate owner, Iowa Pacific, are sending them to Miss. From Gastonia, it's a short trip north to Linwood where no doubt they'll head west on the S line from there

Posted from iPhone

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/11/17 22:33 by joehinson.

Date: 01/12/17 05:52
Author: RailfanTerry

They are on train 165 Linwood - Lynchburg - Roanoke - Knoxville - Chattanooga, 165 end in Chatt 117 or 163 will pick them up in Chatt for the trip to Sheffield, From Sheffield they may go out on 17A or 17Z to Memphis and hand them off to the CN were Grenada RY will pick them up.

Terry

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0422 seconds