Home Open Account Help 368 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Aurora Ohio - Look -Cutting Trees Out Along Erie Railroad 1/17/17

Date: 01/17/17 19:08
Aurora Ohio - Look -Cutting Trees Out Along Erie Railroad 1/17/17
Author: cornerfieldhobby

On my way home from seeing NS Lehigh Valley Heritage ES44AC #8104 this evening Tuesday January 17th, 2017, I was driving along Route 306 heading north when I crossed the old Erie Railroad Mahoning First Subdivision and seen a trailer with some trucks cutting trees and shrubs away from the tracks and clearing away. So I turned around and headed back and got the photo as I was passing again. Reason for blury photo is because of the time of light was evening and my Nikon Pictures camera doesn't do well at all when taking moving photos are evening or night. Anyway, I was curious to know if anyone knew what there doing? Are they cutting to make it a path or to clear it or maybe, are they interested in opening this line back up? Or are they even on planning to connect 306 to Pettibone and points west? I just don't know, so I wanted to post. Also I posted this on the Eastern Railroad Discussion board as well. What's weird, the last train to take this line was January 14th, 1977 from my understanding. That's 40 years ago to date this past Saturday.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/17/17 19:13 by cornerfieldhobby.

Date: 01/17/17 19:15
Re: Aurora Ohio - Look -Cutting Trees Out Along Erie Railroad 1/1
Author: Eagle22

Almost looks as if they are clearing a utility right of way for either a new transmission line or pipeline. The clearing doesn't look wide enough for a new rail line. Wish I had a better picture to tell exactly.

Date: 01/17/17 21:59
Author: EL3600

Rail trail?

Date: 01/18/17 06:33
Author: cornerfieldhobby

Sometime soon, I'll try to take a better daylight photo. I do wonder though about a rail trail. It would be nice if they opened the line back up to Mantua from Stouffer's.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.037 seconds