Home Open Account Help 227 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > trains through DC on inaguration

Date: 01/18/17 19:53
trains through DC on inaguration
Author: fl9turbo

will CSX be shut down into DC for security reasons???????

Date: 01/18/17 20:17
Re: trains through DC on inaguration
Author: JLinDE

I hope not, why bother? Trump probably does not know where CSX is and runs in DC, or what trains it routes that way. Hope to see regular trains in my area not affected by this inaguration this Friday. I'll be watching the trains here, not the inaguration.

Date: 01/18/17 20:52
Author: Nomad

JLinDE Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Trump probably does not
> know where CSX is and runs in DC, or what trains
> it routes that way.

Along with 99.9% of the rest of the population...

Date: 01/18/17 21:39
Author: kpcmcpkva

Amtrak gets closer to the Inaugeration ceremony then CSX  ie Union Station and the Capital Hill tunnel that connect Union Station to
​CSX to cross the Potomac River.  Last big RR accident that had a slight effect on an Inageration ceremony was about two days before
Eisenhower took the oath in 1953 when the Federal from Boston lost its brakes, crashed into the concourse and dropped thru the floor into
the baggage room below.

​YOU KNOW the interested security agencies know about the tunnel

Date: 01/19/17 07:15
Author: PennPlat

Why not leave the negatives in your own home, this is a site for those interested in Railroad Discussion, not politics.

Date: 01/19/17 10:08
Author: ChessieSystem

I'll second that!
JW

PennPlat Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Why not leave the negatives in your own home, this
> is a site for those interested in Railroad
> Discussion, not politics.

Date: 01/19/17 11:38
Author: Lackawanna484

Didn't CSX reroute its trains away from the Philadelphia Art Institute when then Pope visited there?

Date: 01/19/17 13:23
Author: Heath_Tower

Railroad property, especially the Virginia Avenue tunnel will be examined in the most detailed way by
the USSS, along with just about everything else in the D.C. area during this inagural time.

My employer received a visit from Trump last year (which made the headlines) and big mean guys in
business suits and police uniforms were starting to arrive shortly before I left the plant at 03:30 on the
day of his visit.

Day shift folks told me later everything was looked at, and people got in the way during the inspection, opening
every door, drain trap, confined space, etc. Probably shined flashlights in the toilets , too.

My desk and locker were ransacked, my tool bag rummaged through, and my radio disassembled but
I don't care, it's all part of security. Lots of terroristic nuts out there....

Date: 01/19/17 16:54
Author: JLinDE

Railroads and politics are so inextricably involved it is had to discuss, intelligently, one without the other. Altho few realize that. 'Good politics is not good railroading, and vice versa.' A quote from an old railroad boss who was hard to work for, but he was right on that.

Date: 01/19/17 22:53
Author: silvercomet

The train wreck mentioned on January 15, 1953. An article on it can be found on the DC Chapter National Railway Historical Society's web site www.dcnrhs.org .  Here is a direct link to the article. http://www.dcnrhs.org/learn/washington-d-c-railroad-history/wreck-of-the-federal-express

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0649 seconds