Home Open Account Help 318 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Indiana Southern in Mooresville Indiana, anything through here?

Date: 02/17/17 19:35
Indiana Southern in Mooresville Indiana, anything through here?
Author: tq-07fan

Last Sunday I went to Indianapolis. I drove west and ended up taking the state and county roads back to I-74 via Franklin Indiana. The Indiana Southern looked good but did not look like it had been ran on recently in Mooresville. Is there any traffic on this part of the Indiana Southern? In fact with coal traffic down is there any traffic on the Indiana Southern at all?

1) From Main St looking south.
2) From High Street looking north.
3) From High St looking south.

Jim

Date: 02/18/17 04:31
Re: Indiana Southern in Mooresville Indiana, anything through her
Author: junctiontower

Not totally sure, but I think there is VERY little traffic between Switz City and Martinsville, and maybe NONE between Martinsville and Indy.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/18/17 08:53 by junctiontower.

Date: 02/18/17 05:05
Author: santafedan

Our model rr club meets in the insurance building.
There is only one "business" from south of Mooresville and points way south.  There is a salt unload/load used by a water softener company at the siding in Martinsville.  Not shure of the frequecy it has.  But, there is a car spotted there from time to time.

Date: 02/18/17 07:35
Author: INRD1753

I wasn't aware of any traffic between Mooresville and Switz City after IPL closed the coal plant.  Is that served from Worthington,rather than from Indy?

Thanks,

Gerald

Date: 02/18/17 13:09
Author: Heath_Tower

Per a friend who works for INRD, the ISRR tracks are OOS between Martinsville and Worthington. 

The unused switch in picture #3 is for a track which went into Theisling Veneer Co., tracks have been
removed for a long time.

South of Mooresville, General Shale Co. has a plant but I don't know if they ship by rail. A few rail-served
businesses exist nearby,  all of these are located off of S.R 67. I have seen ISRR leave a geep tied down
on a track near General Shale.

Date: 02/18/17 15:51
Author: scraphauler

Tracks may be out of service, probably to save inspections, but they must be able to put them in service in short order as they still quote rates over Indy. I've got dozen and a half old Yankeetown hoppers to send to the great coal mine in the sky and they gave just me rates to CSXT at Evansville and Indianapolis.

Posted from iPhone

Date: 02/19/17 04:48
Author: INRD1753

Scrap,

After looking at this again, I remember seeing a post or email saying INRD and ISRR had agreed for INRD to handle the ISRR Indy traffic and ISRR would handle INRD's Louisville traffic to the NS for movement to Louisville.  I think it may have been last fall when this happened.

Gerald

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0453 seconds