Home Open Account Help 323 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Pan Am trains idling near Lawrence

Date: 02/22/17 08:16
Pan Am trains idling near Lawrence
Author: twropr

On the passenger board it was reported that Pan Am has used the new second track west of Lawrence Yard to tie down its trains, much to the displeasure of nearby residents.  Does Pan Am still change crews on its Portland-Rotterdam Jct./Mohawk trains at Lawrence, operating a turn crew Lawrence-Rigby-Lawrence?  Would any other trains change crews there?
Andy

Date: 02/22/17 10:00
Re: Pan Am trains idling near Lawrence
Author: toledopatch

My understanding is that PAR recrews trains wherever they run out of hours....

Date: 02/22/17 12:35
Re: Pan Am trains idling near Lawrence
Author: JPB

toledopatch Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> My understanding is that PAR recrews trains
> wherever they run out of hours....

PAR Crews get more mileage in jitneys than they do on trains! ;-)

But seriously, PAR crew change points on the ex-B&M main can be at (from west to east) Buckland, E Deerfield, Erving, Royalston, Otter River, Gardner, Wachusett, Fitchburg, Ayer, Graniteville (Westford), Lowell,  Andover, Rockingham Jct just to name a few typically used locations (I'm sure I'm leaving out a few other spots). The only real requirement is it must be a place where a jitney can reach the crews and the train isn't blocking a crossing and ideally is on a siding given that much of the time the exiting crew is tieing down the train as who knows when the next crew will arrive. Live re-crews are rare in my observation. 

Posted from iPhone

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/22/17 12:56 by JPB.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0354 seconds