Home Open Account Help 315 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Hodgepodge on the Wheeling and Lake Erie...

Date: 02/22/17 16:03
Hodgepodge on the Wheeling and Lake Erie...
Author: Forever-Railfan-45

Seems as though when I am at work the sunny and clear skies present themselves; and when I leave work before my three days off it seems as tough the weather gods know when to empty their bladders. Clouds, rain and heavy overcast have been the common demoninator lately; thus I stay local and usually see what the Wheeling and Lake Erie has in store. Picture number one and two are from a few days ago of train 223. Seems as though in picture number one the base is still there for a signal that used to be for the N&W (corrections welcome).  Picture number three is of the 224 coming back from Heartland (again corrections welcome) with a nice color lashup...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/22/17 18:47 by Forever-Railfan-45.

Date: 02/22/17 16:06
Re: Hodgepodge on the Wheeling and Lake Erie...
Author: Forever-Railfan-45

Number four is of the 223 again. Numbers five and six are of the 237; thought the black and white accentuated my mood and the weather today. Even though Wheeling and Lake Erie has the older six axle power there is nothing like hearing a 645 prime mover five minutes before you see the locomotive. Have a good Thursday everyone...

Date: 02/22/17 16:43
Author: cornerfieldhobby

Carl, even though the skies are gloomy, that smurf 6312 really stands out. Also great photos. Though's units add a lot of color to a dreary day and I mean literally.

Date: 02/22/17 20:03
Author: ns1000

Nice pics!!

​When I'm off, it rains........an example is this weekend coming up.  Forecast........possible rain....:</

Date: 02/23/17 05:21
Author: bridgeportsub

I recently saw a photo of WE 6318 at CSX Huntington locomotive shop with damage. Was it hit at Willard ?

GRS

Date: 02/23/17 14:24
Author: bath_wildcat

6312 is IIRC an ex MLW unit.  Short fuel tank is a dead givaway.

Michael Fair
Royal Oak, MI

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/23/17 14:24 by bath_wildcat.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0322 seconds