Home Open Account Help 372 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Kingsland GA Railroad?

Date: 03/15/17 10:48
Kingsland GA Railroad?
Author: dcorreia

Going to Folkston this weekend to veg out watching trains, but staying in Kingsland. According to Google Maps there is a double track mainline running north and south in Kingsland. Is this a active line and for what railroad and radio frequencies? Thanks.

Date: 03/15/17 11:56
Re: Kingsland GA Railroad?
Author: calsubd

I went through there yesterday and it didn't look that busy, maybe a occasional move at best, better in Folkston IMHO,

Ed Stewart
Jacksonville, FL

Date: 03/15/17 12:09
Author: emd_mrs1

Its a branch line to connect with St Mary's Railroad, which is the line from Kingsland to St Marys.

I'm afraid I dont recall the name of the operating company at the moment. I'll come back and fill it in.

Michael

Date: 03/15/17 12:14
Author: Lackawanna484

First Coast, or something like that?

Posted from Android

Date: 03/15/17 12:21
Author: ctillnc

The double track through Kingsland is the remnant of the former Seaboard Air Line main line between Savannah and Jacksonville. A large chunk of this line was abandoned north of Seals (a few miles north of Kingsland) in the 1980s. From Seals south into Florida the ex-SAL is operated by First Coast, a G&W subsidiary. It provides an outlet at Kingsland for the St Mary's RR, http://www.railga.com/stmarr.html.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/15/17 12:23 by ctillnc.

Date: 03/15/17 13:51
Author: SpeederDriver

Did I read somewhere recently that the St. mary's is going away?

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0363 seconds