Home Open Account Help 386 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Quote of the day

Date: 03/18/17 09:06
Quote of the day
Author: CCMF

Checking out the new Railstream Shenandoah Jct web cam today and these foamers are doing the hobby shop chat thing oblivious to the cameras ..... of course the topic of EHH running CSX comes up and one guy says "He'll be CEO for several years ..... if he doesn't die first."   Talk about hitting the nail squarely on the head !

Bill Miller
Galt, ON

Date: 03/18/17 09:23
Re: Quote of the day
Author: DrLoco

Yesterday, we came up with two new catchphrases:
1) "Next week that won't be a rule!"
2) "We are now being told that everything we thought we knew about railroading was wrong!"

Date: 03/18/17 10:09
Author: Fredo

When I hired out with the Union Pacific in Los Angeles on the very first day of our class this old head that had an early 60's date started the class this way, "Over the next month and a half we are going to teach you hundreds of things you will need to know. These things will change over and over your whole time at the railroad, But these first three things that I am going to teach you right now will never change.Number One," When are we going home?" Number Two, " When are we going to eat?', and Number Three "This is BULL S**T You're F***ING US!!" He was right.

Date: 03/18/17 11:14
Author: DrLoco

That, Fredo, is so true!

Date: 03/18/17 11:23
Author: farmer

It will be interesting getting off and on moving equipment. Wearing these spike boots. I can see lots of injuries forthcoming unless the boots are done away with.

Posted from iPhone

Date: 03/20/17 12:25
Author: Finderskeepers

The anti slip footwear is not a problem getting on and off moving equipment, 4mph is a piece of cake. I used to do it at 10-12 mph, and it was hard on the knees, 4 mph is easy in comparison.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0345 seconds