Home Open Account Help 282 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > "Big Power" on the Indiana Northeastern

Date: 03/22/17 19:16
"Big Power" on the Indiana Northeastern
Author: WrongMain

I went looking for some black and yellow on the Indiana Northeastern today at South Milford, IN.  I didn't find any of the nicely painted GP30's or GP9's but I did encounter the two recently acquired six axles leaving town with a 59 car grain train, each and every covered hopper brand new with no scratches or graffiti to mar them.  The leader, SD40-2 3084, started life on the Canadian Pacific.

1. INER 3084 pokes out of the shadows as it takes up the slack on the 59 car unit train.

2.  The 3084 and 3125 start to pull.  They're headed east to interchange with the NS just across the state line in Ohio.

3.  The conductor/utility man sits in the company pick-up giving the train a roll by as it departs the grain elevator at South Milford.

Date: 03/22/17 19:22
Re: "Big Power" on the Indiana Northeastern
Author: WrongMain

4.  The trailing unit, 3125, is considered a SD40M-2 after rebuilding.  It began its career on the Southern Pacific as a SD45.  There's a rumor, or maybe just wishful thinking, that the big flare might be repainted into gray and scarlet.  I could live with that.

5.  The sharp looking train heads east into Helmer, IN after the usual slow run from South Milford.  

6.  Here's a shot of one of those new covered hoppers.  I wonder how long they'll look this good.

Date: 03/22/17 20:08
Author: ns1000

I like the look of Pic 3!!

Date: 03/23/17 05:01
Author: jmbreitigan

Nice, especially images #2 & 5
John

Date: 03/23/17 05:16
Author: PRRFan

Photo #2     One picture is worth a thousand words.   Great photo!
PRRFan

Date: 03/23/17 06:33
Author: refarkas

Super images.
Number two is my favorite.  The grain silos and equipment make it truely original.
Bob

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0453 seconds