Home Open Account Help 317 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Pensacola, Fl Area Tips

Date: 03/25/17 16:04
Pensacola, Fl Area Tips
Author: Conrail8320

Hi guys, I am in the Pensacola, FL region visiting relatives near Milton. They live about a half mile from the tracks. I have no prior knowledge of the railroading around here other than its CSX. I was hoping someone could throw in some hints and help to get to grips with operations around here. How many trains a day run on the line and how do the operations generally work around the pensacola area? I was hoping to try and find a prime time to run out there and catch some stuff but I assume it's one of those you just need to sit out there and wait situations. Is it possible to get down near the big bridge they go over to get into Pensacola and get a shot? Thank you all for the help, it's much appreciated. 

Date: 03/25/17 23:17
Re: Pensacola, Fl Area Tips
Author: ln844south

Use to run out of Pensacola on CSX. My memories are 10 years old.
​Use to be a softball park near the west end of the Escambia Trestle you could go too. Also was a Dairy Queen at jct of I-10 and hwy 90 with a nice view.
Was one of the founders of the railroad museum in the former L&N depot in Milton. Can get shots of Blackwater Draw from public property in Milton.
Hwy 90 runs lext to the railroad from Milton East to Galliver.
Things may have changed, but maybe someone else can help.

Steve Panzik
Chiloquin, OR

Date: 03/27/17 11:11
Re: Pensacola, Fl Area Tips
Author: toledopatch

Not a lot of trains on the line through Pensacola. The long bridge over Escambia Bay is the major scenic highlight. The ex-BN line into town, now Alabama & Gulf Coast If you want to see more traffic you'll need to go up to Flomaton, Alabama, which isn't too far away.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0244 seconds