Home Open Account Help 360 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > CSXT Fuel tenders

Date: 02/19/04 18:04
CSXT Fuel tenders
Author: DENNRRA

What has happened to the two CSXT fuel tenders, the last time I saw one was here in Colo.,on a GE test train it was 993369, I think or at least the smaller of the two.

Were are they now ?

Dose any one have photos of them ?

Thanks

Date: 02/20/04 08:32
Re: CSXT Fuel tenders
Author: csx2112

I don't know where they are now, but here are some pics I keep meaning to add to my site.

Dean J. Heacock
CSX Photo Archives
http://www.trainweb.org/csxphotos

Date: 02/20/04 11:39
Author: jonnycando

I see it's marked Maintenance of Way, and having never seen one of these personally have to point out that most gangs have a fuel cell on their tool car. I can imagine a track jamboree making use of such a big tank though. OTOH I wonder if it is marked for MW just for testing? Like would it have an MU cable to give fuel readings to the head end? It so happens that the fuel check function on IFD equipped GE's have a tender listing to show it's quantity if one happens to be there.

Date: 02/20/04 11:51

Tender 993369

Date: 02/20/04 11:52

The last of the 3

Date: 02/20/04 12:09
Author: csxt4617

I believe the 3 tenders always had the MW on them. AC4400's 28, 29 and 30 were set up
to run with these tenders, and tested with them for awhile, but I guess they weren't
satisfied with the results and dropped the program. I know the road slugs used to be
equipped as fuel tenders too, and I believe they aren't anymore either.

Date: 03/27/23 13:12
Author: leon

How did they transfer fuel? I see no fuel hose reels, air operated diaphram pumps or large hose carrying tubes
for  cam locking fuel hoses on the tenders?

How do they move fuel, perhaps with an ARO reciprocating pump under the tank or an air motor powered gear pump
connected to the belly tank of the prime movers?                                                                                        

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.5437 seconds