Date: 04/29/04 16:31
4610 remains green. It was touched up
Author: Larry576

The title says it all.
L

Date: 04/29/04 17:18
Re: 4610 remains green. It was touched up
Author: dtidave

Glad to hear it, Larry! I second that remark someone made down the board about "heritage" units. I'd like to see a couple of N&W units in different paint schemes, along with a Chessie SD70M, a Monon CW44-8, a DT&I straight SD70!! If nothing else, the locomotives are public relations tools. Just look how much railfan attention they draw! 4610 has been in SOU green (passenger colors- close enough) for what, 10 years now? It still gets attention like it did the day it was first painted like that! I've heard there are still some old Milwaukee Road "Bandits" tooling around Bensenville Yard in Illinois on CP. Even though they're pretty ratty looking, it would be a great treat to snap a photo of one 2 decades after the 'Road's demise!

Might even be a way to keep the carshop people working... (read: Centralia, IL) thank you, CN... :-P

DTIDave ---> wouldn't mind another sidetrip to the Hartwell in Georgia... mmm Rio Grande units!

Date: 04/29/04 17:32

Hartwell 3044 is the only pure Rio Grande unit. The 2 GP30's are painted in their own Southern-esque green.
Larry

Date: 04/29/04 18:28
Author: srman

Speaking of the Hartwell.I'm going to be down that way in a couple of weeks.Where do those GP30's roam to
lately? Got them at Lavonia a few
years back and when I stopped at
Bowersville a couple of years ago
I was told that they were in Athens.
Never did see them.

Date: 04/29/04 18:51

3021 has bad wheels and is stored at Airline (and poorly lit). 3016 is at Athens and is best lit in the afternoon.
Larry

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0616 seconds