Home Open Account Help 374 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Various Stanley/Walbridge musings

Date: 06/07/04 13:12
Various Stanley/Walbridge musings
Author: toledopatch

1. "PRR" 6800 and 6805 have been sitting by themselves at the north end of NS's Yard E for at least the last week. The handrails on the east side of both locomotives have been just about totally stripped off and they look like they've been toilet papered with yellow safety ribbon. What happened? (I suppose eventually they'll get towed to Altoona or Chattanooga and get repaired and repainted...)

2. Everything at Stanley seems to be active except for the hump yard.

3. Components for new signal masts have started appearing at the WR interlockings. The current track layout's, and towers', days are getting shorter.

Date: 06/07/04 14:01
Re: Various Stanley/Walbridge musings
Author: spek

The NS engines were involved in a side swipe at Woodville. The B42 ran around it's train down there, and hit their own train. Evidently the slack ran out, and the cars rolled into the foul when they stopped.

Date: 06/07/04 14:38

spek Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The NS engines were involved in a side swipe at
> Woodville. The B42 ran around it's train down
> there, and hit their own train. Evidently the
> slack ran out, and the cars rolled into the foul
> when they stopped.

Thanks. I suspected something like that, but I didn't know.

Date: 06/08/04 04:55
Author: MSchwiebert

How often does NS go to Woodville? Does NS have trackage righs from Toledo to Woodville or is this done as some sort of haulage agreement?

I also noticed the new signal equipment for Walbridge near the existing tower. How radical are the changes to the layout going to be? Will these changes make it eaiser to get a train from Walbridge to Stanley yard? Finally, I would suspect that once the re-work of Walbridge interlocking is completed, Stanley would be next. Is there a timetable in place for this?

Thanks in advance!

Date: 06/08/04 05:20
Re: Carrothers Secondary ops

I believe NS goes to Woodville five nights a week during stone season, though it might be less than that. The symbol is B42, it's an NS crew. Sometimes you can catch them running on the line during the morning, but it's been at least a year since I've done that -- that's why I'm not sure any more how often they run. Just after the CR merger, an engineer I know got that job for a while and called me when the train was going to be photographable, so I really nailed it then.

CSX H710 runs in the afternoon, and occasionally it will dog in Woodville and a yard job or an H910 extra crew will patch it in the morning, too. CSX handles all the crushed limestone/covered hopper traffic and some stone, while the NS moves are usually just stone in open hoppers.

Date: 06/08/04 13:43
Author: CJ

It seems that NS changes its train symbols quite frequently. Not so long ago, B42 was a Bryan, OH local, as well as B41 and B43. While B41 might still be out of Bryan, B40 and B39 are the symbols I have heard most recently. What is NS' motive for changing train symbols?

Chris

Date: 06/08/04 14:10

That's curious, because to my knowledge the symbol for NS's Woodville job has been B42 since June 1999.

Date: 06/08/04 16:13
Author: spek

The B42 has two train sets that I think run between Woodville and Twinsburg. Trains on the main or symboled just the Whitestone trains. (64z,65z, ect.) NS has the Woodville branch between midnight to noon. Occassionally they will be early or run a little late. But it all depends on CSX, since they dispatch the track. Usually the train will sit in E Yard before heading down that night. NS likes to take the power to the lower level.

Date: 06/08/04 17:38
Author: CJ

Well I suppose I could have been mistaken (it's not the first time). I do know for sure that B41 and B43 were in Bryan, and I suppose could still be. I don't understand why they would skip the numbers around this way, but I guess that's how it all fell together.

enjoying another senior moment,

Chris

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0463 seconds