Home Open Account Help 369 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Derailment just south of Richmond, VA

Date: 08/30/04 17:22
Derailment just south of Richmond, VA
Author: CentralVARR

Just heard on the news about a freight train derailment in Chesterfield county. Could be weather related since some parts of the city has gotten 10-14 inches of rain. This was reported by channel 12 news. Sounds like Richmond is really getting hammered by what is left of the tropical storm Gastone.

Stay save railfans in Richmond!

Shannon Crabtree

Date: 08/30/04 17:32
Re: Derailment just south of Richmond, VA
Author: RNinRVR

Just heard the same report. Sounds like the NS line to Crew. There is a low area where thay reported the derailment, could be soft roadbed or a washout.

Date: 08/30/04 17:55
Author: ex127so

Just talked with a friend's wife in the Peakes area on the CSX Piedmont SD west (north) of Richmond. Reportedly they have had 14 inches of rain and from her description of how close water was to top of rail (12-18 inches) the railroad could be seriously under water in the area. They live near the top of the grade!!!! My friend is caught at work because I-95 and I-64 are shut down. This is a massive amount of water being dumped on already soggy ground. Wash outs could be extensive.

Date: 08/31/04 17:31
Author: TheFFV

Info and discussion on this derailment and other flood info can be found at:

http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/vrfe/

Best,
TheFFV

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0326 seconds