Home Open Account Help 316 users online

Model Railroading > BLI's RSD15's DCC question

Date: 02/20/06 21:16
BLI's RSD15's DCC question
Author: DieselDoc

I've recently gotten back into the hobby after 25+ years, and am getting acquainted with DCC.
I've just acquired 2 BLI Alligators and want to know what I need to do to reprogram the lighting effects to give me the option of turning the cab lights, number boards (and soon to be installed) class lights on or off (fibre optics to the number boards from the class lights), and /or 'shutdown' sound effects with a Digitrax Zephyr starter set, with only the 9 function control options available. I've already installed and programmed decoders in former DC units to my satisfaction for the lighting effects. I haven't 'gotten into' sound yet as I'm not impressed with the prime mover sounds being offered after working on the 'real thing' for 33 years, but haven't tried reprogramming the CV's on a 'factory equipped' unit yet.

Any suggestions or insight?

Date: 02/21/06 08:10
Re: BLI's RSD15's DCC question
Author: WrongWayMurphy

So, I assume you want to operate the headlight separate
from the cab/class lights? I am not sure that the decoder
is capable of that but I'll check mine this evening and see.

Are you still a neighbor of mine in T.C.? Remember we met
that day that 3985 came through Roanoke. I am still up the
road in Argyle and you are welcome to operate sometime. I
have some BNSF brethren of yours up to my place on occasion.

Contact me if you like at ArgyleEagle@yahoo.com

Date: 02/21/06 17:56
Re: BLI's RSD15's DCC question
Author: traindog

Welcome back, Doc. I still remember that ride on those first 3 SD 40-2's that we started up.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0338 seconds